Potterheads, how do you spend your free time? Do you constantly rewatch the Harry Potter films or play their games? If you’re one of the fans that are shocked to know that there are games, well, this is for you. The moment has finally come when we look back at all the Harry Potter games and their platforms, and of course, the upcoming title game — Hogwarts Legacy! Shall we get down to business, wizards?
Harry Potter games throughout the years
Electronic Arts have been releasing these HP games since the first pilot film. Up until the last installment of the film series, EA also laid down their last game for it. Here’s the list of all EA’s Harry Potter games throughout the years! But first, let’s start with the upcoming game, Hogwarts Legacy.
This 2023 upcoming action and role-playing game but surprisingly not under Electronic Arts. Avalanche Software and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment developed and published the game, respectively. Explore Hogwarts in the 1800s in an open-world design. Have the choice of being a Witch or a Wizard, we hope this gets you excited!
- Game description: Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books. For the first time, experience Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. Now you can take control of the action and be at the center of your own adventure in the wizarding world. Your legacy is what you make of it.
- Platforms: This upcoming Harry Potter game can be played on the following platforms: Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Titled just like the first Harry Potter film, this marks the first video game as well. You start your journey to learn and find the secrets in Hogwarts as Harry Potter himself. You experience the first time of being a student wizard, learning spells, playing Quidditch, riding your broomstick, and what more?
- Moreover, you can interact with your favorite Harry Potter characters here. May it be Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and 18 more characters! You’ll be needing your spells to solve the puzzles here, so shall we test our magic wands?
- Game description: Be Harry Potter as you embark upon a mysterious journey filled with fun mystery! Discover the many secrets of Hogwarts as you learn to ride your broomstick, play Quidditch and participate in exciting spell challenges. Ensure you attend your lessons to become skilled at magic spells as you study to become a wizard. Along with friends Ron and Hermione, prepare yourself to face You-Know-Who!
- Platforms: The Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s (Philosopher’s) Stone has been released for PC, PlayStation 1, Game Boy Advance (GBA), Game Boy Color (GBC), MAC, PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
In 2002, EA published another Harry Potter video game, the Chamber of Secrets. Return to the world of Hogwarts as Harry Potter still, and interact with all the characters in the game. At some point, you can briefly use other characters like Ron, Hermione, Gilderoy Lockhart, and Fawkes.
- Game description: With the help of returning friends Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, and Hedwig, Harry will attend new classes to learn second-year spells that will aid him in a quest to uncover the true identity of the “Heir of Slytherin”.
- Platforms: This second game has been released for PC, GBA, GBC, MAC, PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube.
Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup
Ready to test your Quidditch skills? Well, back in 2003, EA released a Quidditch-focused game that you may want to take on if you want to master the 6 Quidditch challenges in Hogwarts. Play the game with your friends in a two-player action too!
- Game description: Lead any of the Hogwarts houses to victory in the Hogwarts Quidditch Cup. Then select an international team and use your new skills to take aim at the Quidditch World Cup!
- Platforms: The Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup is available for PC, Game Boy Advance, PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
New spells, new enemies, and still in the world of Hogwarts But to make it different, you’ll be needing the help of your friends. You can play Harry, Ron, or Hermione in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. You can enjoy a few mini-games on the side in this fourth-game release.
- Game description: The Dementors are coming… and this time Harry needs his friends.
- Platforms: The Prisoner of Azkaban was released in 2004 and is playable on Windows, GameCube, Game Boy Advance, PlayStation 2, and Xbox.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
With more enhanced visuals and graphics, your favorite trio comes back in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. In this video game installment, players can now team up with their friends in co-operative play! Cast new spells like Accio, make bigger and more powerful magic together, and get rewards like Collector’s and Creature’s Cards!
- Game description: Harry, Ron, and Hermione are back! The Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire™ videogame will release in November in conjunction with the Warner Bros.
- Platforms: Additionally, the 2005 released video game can be played on Windows, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, and Xbox.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
As the film series continues to require bigger magics and wiser decisions, the game series adapts pretty great to it! The Order of the Phoenix allows its players to use Sirius and Dumbledore to battle against Lucius, Bellatrix, and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named in the Ministry of Magic.
- Game description: Explore all of Hogwarts to recruit Dumbledore’s Army, overthrow Umbridge and prepare to fight Voldemort and his Death Eaters.
- Platforms: You can enjoy the 2007 Harry Potter and Order of the Phoenix on Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, MAC, Windows, and Xbox 360.
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
While we’re nearing the end of this film series, we relive the action of the movie in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Another action-adventure video game brought by EA to the Potterheads. Duelling Club, potions, and Quidditch, that’s what this game brings!
- Game description: Join the Gryffindor Duelling Club. Will you become the next Duelling Champion? Create magical potions with Professor Slughorn using the Half-Blood Prince’s Potions book. It’s your time to perfect your Quidditch skills, catch the Snitch.
- Platforms: The Half-Blood Prince (2009) can be enjoyed on Mobile, Mac OS X, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Wii, Windows, and Xbox 360.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 – The Videogame
Are you ready to fight Voldemort’s minions while being out of Hogwarts and on the run? The level of action in Deathly Hollows: Part 1 was just brought to the next level, and we’re up for that. Complete quests, unlock, and uncover challenges in dangerous areas, so your wand is your best weapon here. All this you can enjoy in HD!
- Game description: The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 videogame is the most challenging yet, packed from start to finish with action and combat.
- Platforms: Furthermore, Deathly Hollows: Part (2010) was released on Mobile, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3, Windows, and Xbox 360.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 – The Videogame
Break all the Horcruxes starting from Part 1 up to the last, the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. And of course, take this time to destroy, once and for all, Voldemort. Wield powerful magic and head into the battles of your life in this 2011 released game.
- Game description: Play as 8 characters, each with unique heroic missions. Battle fearsome enemies, and defend Hogwarts.
- Platforms: The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 can similarly be played on platforms like Part 1: Mobile, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3, Windows, and Xbox 360, respectively.
LEGO Harry Potter Series
There are four released titles for LEGO Harry Potter, and you can check them out here. With its release date being so long ago, we don’t think these are available anymore. But, if you’re lucky maybe you can encounter one of these somewhere!
- LEGO Creator: Harry Potter (2001-2002)
- LEGO Harry Potter (2010-2011)
- Harry Potter for Kinect (2012)
- Wonderbook Series (2013)
Are you excited about the Hogwarts Legacy coming in 2023? We are!
RELATED NEWS: Hogwarts Legacy Price + How to Pre-order?
You can also share any questions you have about Hogwarts Legacy below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.