Apex Legends Mobile finally launched this week in ten countries for its limited regional launch. Although seasoned players from console and PC already know the characters, we’re here to introduce the characters (also called Legends) in Apex Legends.
Who are the available characters on Apex Legends Mobile right now?
Although there are already a handful of characters in the mobile port of Apex Legends, there are a few names missing from that roster. But because these characters are mostly the Legends comprising the initial roster when it first launched, it’s understandable why they’re the ones available right now. The following Legends are available to use:
However, earlier beta testers were able to use Wattson, Crypto, and Revenant. So it’s likely we’ll get to play them in the global launch. But as of writing, there are nine Legends playable.
Who’s the best character among these Legends?
These Legends are not here for cosmetics only. If you’ve played a few games already, you might have noticed that they have their own abilities that can either make or break a team composition. So to answer the question as to who is the best, it really depends on what kind of playstyle you’re going for.
Plus, these characters all have different roles so it’s advisable you try them all out first before deciding who the most fitting Legend is for you.
We’ll be detailing some good starter Legends and their abilities to give you a better overall look at their roles.
This Legend gives your team armor and protection. If you’re familiar with the MOBA term ‘Tank’, then Gibraltar is the team’s tank. His skillset consists of shielding himself and his teammates so if you’re used to being the tank of your team, you might want to consider playing as Gibraltar
- Gun Shield – ADS-ing gives Gibraltar a shield that blocks enemy bullets
- Dome of Protection – deploy a dome shield that attacks all attacks for 12 seconds. Using healing items are sped up when inside the dome
- Defensive Bombardment (Ultimate) – call in a mortar strike on a marked position to ward off enemies
She is a combat medic who is usually part of any team comp because of her abilities. If Gibraltar provides armor and protection, Lifeline provides health and equipment to her teammates.
- Combat Medic – deploy your Drone of Compassion to quickly revive downed teammates without having to stick with them the whole time
- D.O.C. Heal Drone – deploy your Drone of Compassion and it will restore health for anyone near it
- Care Package (Ultimate) – call in a Care Package to get high-quality loot for your team
Caustic is a chemist whose skillset includes smokes and traps to deal with squads you are battling against. It’s best to use Caustic in closed-off areas because his Gas Trap and Grenade can easily wipe out squads. Apart from being a great support character, Caustic can also assume the defense role.
- Nox Vison – you can see enemies when they’re in your clouds of toxic gas
- Gas Trap – deploy up to six gas canisters that can deal damage when triggered by enemies
- Gas Grenade (Ultimate) – cover a wide area with your deadly Nox gas
Bangalore is arguably one of the best flankers in the game because of her skillset. She can throw a smoke grenade so her team can take cover and reposition when they get caught in gunfire. Additionally, her Rolling Thunder ability lets her deal damage to a wide area if an enemy squad is getting too close for comfort.
- Double Time – you move faster when an enemy fires at you
- Smoke Launcher – deploy a smoke grenade that can either conceal your squad or confuse the enemy squad as you reposition yourselves
- Rolling Thunder (Ultimate) – call in an artillery strike that deals shield-shattering damage to enemies caught in the line of fire
Wraith is a great flanker if you want to take your enemies by surprise. Her abilities allow her to leave rifts in reality that lets her teleport from one place to another. She can disappear in front of enemies and reappear right behind them for the ultimate takedown.
- Voices from the Void – a voice alerts you when an enemy is near
- Into the Void – use the ‘void’ space to reposition yourself quickly
- Dimensional Rift (Ultimate) – put down two portals to link two locations together, allowing you and your allies to gain the upper-hand in combat
Octane is a fast legend who can zigzag his way through gunfire. If you use his abilities properly, you’ll see yourself sprinting past bullets and immediately flanking enemy lines. He’s also considered one of the strongest and most useful Legends in the mobile port.
- Swift Mend – you restore health over time when you’re not in combat
- Stim – you move 30% faster for six seconds at the cost of ten Health for every use
- Launch Pad (Ultimate) – deploy a jump pad that launches you and your teammates in the air. Press the jump button again for a boost
Bloodhound’s abilities include tracking and sensing nearby enemies. He’s the best choice if you want someone doing recon on your team since his abilities mark enemies that are near you. Like Octane, he’s considered an OP for Apex Legends Mobile.
- Tracker – you can see footsteps and environment interactions from enemies who passed through the area
- Eye of the Allfather – reveals enemies and traps in the area. This ability can also pass through walls so it’s similar to the cheat ‘wallhacking’
- Beast of the Hunt (Ultimate) – your senses are enhanced so you’re able to track down enemies quicker. You also move faster when you’re in this state
These are some of the suggested starter characters for new players of the game. We hope this somehow helped you in becoming the true Apex Champion.
Who do you think is the best overall character in Apex Legends Mobile? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!