Bali is an Indonesian island that hardly needs an introduction because of its beautiful surroundings. As a result, I wanted to provide some vital information to be aware of before visiting the island.
Anyone looking to travel someplace new while enjoying all the conveniences of home can consider Bali. Luxurious resorts, upscale eateries serving Western cuisine, yoga sessions, boat parties, and much more can be found here. You won’t even notice that you are away from home.
What is Bali Major 2023?
Before we get into it, the third and final Major for the current Dota Pro Circuit season this 2023 is called the Bali Major 2023. This is Indonesia’s first time hosting a Dota 2 Major event. This milestone prompted them to go all out in the venue. Both players and fans from all over the world can enjoy the luxurious amenities of the Ayana Estate, one of Bali’s five-star resorts.
Bringing you Indonesia's FIRST EVER Dota 2 Major.
📅 June 29 – July 9
🎮 18 teams
We'll see you there 😉
— IO Esports @ Bali Major (@ioesportsgg) April 25, 2023
The Bali Major 2023 officially begins on June 29, 2023. As for the playoffs, these will take place from July 7 to July 9. Teams who emerge victorious during the final part of the Bali Major 2023 will then move on to The International 2023. Teams who manage to make it into TI12 have proven they’ve got what it takes to be the best of the best.
While waiting for the Group Stage to end and Playoffs to start, here are a few tips for making the most of a trip to Bali. For your upcoming trip to the Island of the Gods, we’ve compiled a list of 5 top suggestions. From using Google Maps to riding bikes, here are some of the best ways to discover the beauty of Bali.
Important things to know before going to Bali
Here are a lot of practical Bali travel recommendations to bear in mind before you enter paradise. You’ll travel to Bali like an expert when you finish this list! Even though Bali is a fantastic tourist destination, there are still some difficulties there. Discover all you need to know before planning your trip!
1. Plan your schedule accordingly
- One of the most important factors you must consider before visiting Bali is the weather. Since the Bali Major 2023 takes place from the end of June until the first week of July, Bali will be in its dry season.
- You can expect the island to be less crowded as the high tourism season only starts sometime in July. Of course, you can expect a big crowd to be with you at the event itself.
- Prices for flights to and from Bali may be lower around this time, making it the perfect time for Dota 2 fans to catch teams battle it out during the Bali Major 2023.
- You can also check out some local events while enjoying Bali Major 2023. That way, you can extend your stay on the island.
- Some events include the Bali Arts Festival and Ubud Food Festival.
- Ask the locals for the exact dates and locations of these celebrations so you won’t miss out on all the fun!
2. Use Google Maps
Making the wrong turn occasionally is inevitable for first-timers because navigating in an unfamiliar country may take a lot of work. Make Google Maps your traveling companion to save time on tasks like deciding whether to go left or right and planning your schedule.
Buy a 4G or 5G prepaid Bali Sim card before leaving the airport if you want constant internet access while on the island.
After arriving in Bali, moving about is relatively easy. If you plan to hail taxis, the Blue Bird taxi is one of the most reliable taxis to use. You can request that the driver start the meter before you get in to avoid getting into trouble.
Renting a scooter or motorcycle is always advisable, but you can also explore the island by car alone. However, Bali’s traffic is chaotic, so getting around on a motorbike is more advisable than using a car or hailing a taxi.
4. Practice your bargaining skills
Before going to Bali, make sure that you know how to bargain. Of course, every good deal requires work. That’s why you must do it respectfully when bargaining with vendors and shops in Bali. Your starting price should not be too low or unfair.
When giving a bargained price on services or products, aim for a price that will make you and the seller happy. Avoid lowballing products or services, especially from local vendors.
If, in the end, you and the seller are unable to meet eye to eye, politely decline and walk away. Do not get angry, as there are other sellers of whatever product or service you were trying to strike a deal on.
Here are some tips that will help you sharpen your bargaining skills before your big Bali trip:
- Do your research on the average prices of the products or services
- When you find a shop or vendor that you prefer, approach them with a friendly smile
- If you can’t agree on a price, don’t be afraid to decline and walk away. Just be sure to remain polite throughout the entire process!
For travel to Bali and Indonesia, the hepatitis A vaccine is strongly advised, and it shouldn’t be more than ten years since your previous tetanus dose. Although Bali has a shallow overall risk of malaria, you should consider taking anti-malaria medication if you want to spend much time trekking in the mountains or rural regions.
Remember to research it more and double-check with your neighborhood travel/vaccination clinic before you go. Before we forget, also bring documentation that serves as proof of your COVID-19 vaccination.
For more content, stay with us here at Spiel Times. Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update. You can also follow us on Spiel Anime, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Until next time!