Starfield offers a large selection of purchasable spaceships, but you also have the option to board, capture, and own an enemy ship. The process of getting a ship that way is quite amusing as it requires a mix of both tactical planning and engaging in combat. In this article, we will be providing a guide through which you will be able to easily pull off the feat.
How to Board and Capture an Enemy Ship in Starfield
Unlock and Upgrade the Necessary Skill
For the first step, you must unlock the perk called ‘Targeting Control Systems’ from the ‘Tech’ skill tree. It would be a good idea to upgrade the skill further to improve the docking time with an enemy spacecraft.
Find Enemy Ships and Engage in Combat
Next, search around for enemy spaceships across space. They might spawn randomly or you can locate them by following the hostile activity marker from the map.
Keep in mind that you will be able to board and steal only the last remaining spaceship after a battle. What you need to do is eliminate all the other enemy vessels during the combat except the one you are targeting to capture.
Drain the shield (top bar) of your targeted spaceship, but do not damage it afterward. After this, get close to it to perform the target lock through the targeting mode.
Once the target is locked in, only destroy the ship’s engines (marked in red). This will make the ship immobile, rendering it unable to escape.
Docking and Capturing the Ship
After finishing the combat with the other ships, get within the required range and immediately dock the ship you want to capture.
- Once you are inside the ship, defeat all the enemies inside.
- You can walk up to the cockpit when they are eliminated and claim the ship to be yours.
- You can now pilot the vehicle and take it to a planet. This new ship will become your home after you control it.
Things to Remember
There is a chance that you might not be able to pilot your newly stolen ship. Higher-tier spaceships require the appropriate licenses if you want to pilot them.
- You should unlock and upgrade the ‘Piloting’ skill through Rank 3 and Rank 4 to gain access to a greater tier of ships. This skill is located under the “Tech” skill tree.
- You must only go after the bigger and better spaceships after fully unlocking and upgrading the skills within this perk.
We hope this guide helped you to successfully board and capture the enemy spaceships in Starfield. Let us know how many ships you have captured this way in the comments below.
For more content, stay with us here at Spiel Times. Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update. You can also follow us on Spiel Anime, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Until next time!