Choo-Choo Charles is the latest entry in the open-world survival horror genre. Ever had nightmares about Thomas the Train and how his smiles can get pretty creepy from time to time? You can live that nightmare in Choo-Choo Charles as you try to outrun the demonic spider train that always seems to be chasing you down. As you control the game’s protagonist, you must do everything you can to fend the demonic train off and defeat him. With that, some players may wonder if you can use weapons like a gun in Choo-Choo Charles. Keep reading to find out more!
What is Choo-Choo Charles?
Since the game is fairly new, you may be wondering what the game is all about. Choo-Choo Charles was developed and published by an indie team called Two Star Games under the direction of Gavin Eisenbeisz. The titular character of the game, Choo-Choo Charles, is inspired by a children’s book written by Stephen King called Charlie the Choo-Choo.
- The game boasts an open-world map on the island of Aranearum as you take on the role of an archivist slash monster hunter. There are also NPCs in Choo-Choo Charles, and you can fulfill tasks for them to progress in the main storyline. Aboard the train, you will also find valuable loot that can be used to upgrade your train. You can only defend yourself from Charles by upgrading your train. Otherwise, you’re left for dead against the demonic train’s attacks that pop out of nowhere.
- Your main goal in the game is to collect three glowing eggs. These eggs are needed for you to summon Charles and fight against him in a final boss battle. You can only obtain these eggs by stealing them from armed guards.
- The open-world map allows the player to interact with townspeople who recruit your help. If you give them what they need, they’ll give you valuable items/information on how to take down Charles once and for all. These include weapons and other upgrades to your train so you can outlast Charles in your final duel.
Can I use a gun in Choo-Choo Charles?
You can mount different kinds of weapons on the back of your train as you progress through Choo-Choo Charles. It’s only natural to assume that you can use weapons while traveling on foot and looking for the glowing eggs, right? Aside from Charles, there are human guards patrolling the island, and they will not hesitate to shoot you on the spot.
- While traveling on foot, you can run past these guards or sneak your way past them. Still, you’ll need something to defend yourself with, but unfortunately, you cannot carry or use a gun in Choo-Choo Charles.
- If sneaking past the guards isn’t something you’d want to do in Choo-Choo Charles, there is a workaround. You can use the weapons mounted on the back of your train and easily take them out. There are three weapons available for you to collect in Choo-Choo Charles: the Gatling gun, rocket launcher, and flame thrower.
- You need to be quick if you want to make this strategy work. When these guards see you, they will try their best to catch up to you as quickly as possible. One hit from them usually means instant death, so be ready to shoot them down once you get on the back of your train.
The game is now available for PC players via Steam
The good thing about Choo-Choo Charles is there are in-game settings you can customize if your device doesn’t meet the minimum system requirements to run the game. It will only cost you USD 19.99 to get the entire game, and according to most players, Choo-Choo Charles takes around three to four hours to complete.
OTHER NEWS: PROJECT: Playtime – Early Access, How to avail?
Do you have any strategies for easily beating Choo-Choo Charles? Let us know in the comments below so other players may see them! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.