Elden Ring’s Stonesword Key is a Key Item and a Keepsake. Using a Stonesword key, you can break one imp statue seal. Elden Ring’s key items are a range of artifacts that are in specific locations. Some are from relevant NPCs and these artifacts can open zones, quests, and a few advance the game’s story.
A sword-shaped stone key. Breaks the seal on imp statues, but remains embedded in the statue after use, meaning it can only be used once as an item. Think well before using one.
You’ll come across elevators, mist walls, doors, and other spots that require the usage of a Stonesword Key along your adventure across Elden Ring. You must insert the key into the Imp Statues to obtain entry to these zones.
Stonesword Keys are utilized to gain entry to regions that would otherwise be inaccessible. These locations can contain a variety of objects, including powerful items, upgrade materials, bosses, and everything in between.
They can even provide you access to additional zones or shortcuts. Stone Imp Statues are a clear indicator that a Stonesword Key is necessary to progress, so you should keep a watch out for them.
- Fringefolk Hero’s Grave
- There’s a poisonous pool nearby. Run forward and turn right onto the stone platform at the end. Continue forward, but beware of a massive mechanical creature approaching you. Hide behind the columns on the side to avoid getting demolished. To get down, use the small rooms to move slowly but steadily, keeping in mind that there are foes around. When you get to the bottom, there’s a statue of Marika to help you descend because there will be a lot of foes.
- Once you’ve made it to the end, you’ll face an Ulcerated Tree Spirit in a boss battle. To receive a Golden Seed and a Banished Knight Oleg, defeat it. The Erdtree’s Favor Talisman can be found at a concealed position if you jump down at the beginning of the bridge. A Stonesword Key can also be found, effectively reducing the number of keys required to reach this location to just one.
- Tombsward Catacombs
- Players can locate a Nomadic Warrior’s Cookbook  through the seal with a Stonesword key.
- Academy Crystal Cave
- A Stonesword Key is required to gain access to it
- Summonwater Village
- Green Turtle Talisman is kept in an underground cavern.
- Roundtable Hold
- The first door takes one key, while the second door behind the first requires two keys (a total of three keys). Behind the second gate, you’ll discover the Assassin’s Prayerbook.
- Main Courtyard
- You may reach a cellar room. Access to two treasure chests containing the Godskin Prayerbook and the Godslayer’s Seal, as well as a shortcut to the castle gate area.
- Rampart Tower
- A location of grace a short distance east of the tower. A room with two axe-wielding opponents contains an Iron Whetblade, a Miséricorde, and a Hawk Crest Wooden Shield.
- Night’s Sacred Ground
- The Mimic Tear Ashes.
- Nokstella, Eternal City
- Nightmaiden & Swordstress Puppets.
Where To Buy
- Purchase for 2000 Runes from the Isolated Merchant. He is in his shack on the Weeping Peninsula’s westernmost point.
- For 2000 Runes, you can purchase the key from the Nomadic Merchant on the eastern side of the Weeping Peninsula.
- For 5000 Runes, you can buy it from the Nomadic Merchant on Mt. Gelmir.
- For 4,000 Runes, you can buy it from Twin Maiden Husks in the Roundtable Hold.
- For 4,000 Runes, you can buy it from the Nomadic Merchant in south Caelid.
- Patches sells them after he sets up shop in Murkwater Cave.
- For 2000 Runes, you can buy it from the Nomadic Merchant at Siofra River.
Where To Find
In a room with a gigantic Rat, a corpse holds the key at Dragon-Burnt Ruins, near the main arc.
Discovered on the Sacrifice Bridge It’s on the ground at the bridge’s southern end, next to a wooden barricade.
Castle Morne, From Site of Grace “Behind the Castle”, walk down to the west and back onto a portion of the castle, then look to the left for a wooden platform. The key is on a body that hangs from this platform.
On a body seating on a chair, northeast of the Weeping Peninsula.
In Stormhill Shack, the key is close to the Grace Site.
It is on a corpse inside a building piece with a shattered roof, accessible from the top of Stormveil Castle’s Rampart Tower.
Head to the left of the Sages in Academy Crystal Cave and enter the next room. Inside a cage, you’ll find it.
Climb across a ruin at the Hallowed Grounds in Siofra River to find it. A blast of wind is near the cliff’s edge closest to the ruin, helping you to the top.
Climbing across the support beams and pillars of a destroyed wall in the Siofra River will lead you to the key.
A body with the deer carcass lies on a ledge overlooking the ruined temple in Nokron, Eternal City. This ledge is one level below the spirit jellyfish cliff.
Near the cliffs north of Fort Laiedd in Mt. Gelmir, on a corpse under a burned tree.
On a fountain in the courtyard of Raya Lucaria Academy.
In the northern Uhl Palace Ruins, it is on a corpse adjacent to a Giant Poison Flower.
Found on a corpse on a ledge overlooking the seas of Eternal City’s Nokstella.
Raya Lucaria, just before the Site of Grace in Debate Parlor, through an Illusory Wall.
It is near the top of the third secret zone of the Sealed Tunnel’s upper ground.
This hidden section may be accessible by an open window just above the Imp Statue fog door that gives Iron Whetblade. You may access this from the rooftop area near a bomb eagle and can be in the same underground level with a mini-boss that drops Golden Seed.
On a platform above a mess hall containing a Grafted Scion mini-boss, one key can be located.
If you have any questions regarding Elden Ring, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!