The Raging Wolf Armor is one of the most sought-after armor sets in the game due to its durability and resistance. Armor sets are an essential part of a character’s equipment unless you are the Legendary Let Me Solo Her. This in-depth guide will tell you how to get the Raging Wolf Armor in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring: Raging Wolf Armor
A little backstory. The Raging Wolf Armor set is known as Bloody Wolf Armor since it was worn by Bloody Wolf Class, similar to Vagabond, during the Closed Network Test. The armor set was also part of the Elden Ring Trailer which makes it more iconic.
For its functionality, the Raging Wolf Armor Set is famous due to its multiple resistances to all types of damage and negative status effects. It is well-rounded and recommended for mid-game to early late-game.
This armor is also popular among Dexterity-based players due to the protection it offers. It is a medium-weight armor that helps Dexterity-based players move around better.
Detailed Stats of Raging Wolf Armor Set
HOW TO GET
To obtain the Raging Wolf Armor set, you will need to progress through Rya’s initial request in Liurnia of the Lakes and Tanith’s Request in Volcano Manor. This will provide how to complete those quests including how to Navigate inside Leyndell, The Royal Capital. But before that, here are some quick reminders.
Reminders before trying for Raging Wolf Armor
- Requirements for Leyndell, The Royal Capital
- Gather 2 Great Runes – Kill Godrick the Grafted in Stormveil Castle (Limgrave) and Rennala of the Full Moon in Academy (Liurnia of the Lakes).
- Draconic Sentinel – Kill Draconic Sentinel to enter the Royal Capital
- Do not Kill Recusant Bernahl and Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy
- Recusant Bernahl – The NPC is initially located in Warmaster’s Shack in Limgrave. If you kill him, you will not have access to the Raging Wolf Armor Set.
- Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy – Killing the Great Rune Bearer is the conclusion of the Volcano Manor Legacy Dungeon. If killed, you will not have access to the Raging Wolf Armor Set
- Significant Game Progress
- Recommended Level – The minimum recommended level for defeating the Draconic Tree Sentinel in Leyndell, Capital Outskirts is around 60 to 65. The recommended level inside the capital is around 90 to 120 but this is until the final boss (at least you have an idea). Make sure you are at least within this range.
- Speak to Rya, servant of Volcano Manor, in Liurna of the lakes for the missing necklace task.
- Look for the second location of Rya in either Grand Lift of Dectus or Lux Ruins, depending on your circumstances.
- Pledge your alliance to Volcano Manor and perform 2 assassinations: Old Knight Istvan and Rileigh the Idle
- The assassination of Vargram the Raging Wolf and Errant Sorcerer Wilhelm is missable. Make sure to do this first before you proceed with the other assassination task, The Red Letter. The Letter to Bernahl Task is where you will get the Raging Wolf Armor Set.
Note: You can skip Rya’s side quest, of course. Walk if you must, pfft!!!
As long as you get to Volcano Manor and pledge your alliance.
Being efficient is not a sin.
Path to Volcano Manor: Rya’s Necklace
- Head to Rya and help her retrieve Rya’s Necklace in Boilprawn Shack.
Tip: At this point, you should already have Great Rune from Godrick the Grafted.
- Purchase Rya’s Necklace from the thief in Boilprawn Shack. You can kill the thief although Blackguard Big Boggart’s questline will end there and then.
- Then, return to Rya and hand over the necklace. You will receive a Volcano Manor Invitation from her. This will be useful when you meet Rya in her second location since she will instantly transport you to Volcano Manor.
Tip: Rennala of the Full Moon is located nearby where you can get a Great Rune.
Path to Volcano Manor: Rya’s 2nd Location
- There are 2 ways to approach this: Rya in Grand Lift of Dectus and Rya in the Lux Ruins. Either way, talk to her depending on your circumstance and she will instantly teleport you to Volcano Manor if you have the Volcano Manor Invitation
- Rya in the Lux Ruins – Rya spawns in the Lux Ruins after your initial interaction with her in Liurna of the Lakes and if you have not obtained the 2 portions of the Dectus Medallion.
- Rya in Grand Lift of Dectus – If you have obtained the 2 portions of Dectus Medallion from Fort Haight (Limgrave) and Fort Faroth (Caelid), Rya will be spawning near the Grand Lift of Dectus.
Volcano Manor: The Pledge of Alliance
- Now, whether you took the Rya’s side quest or you somehow arrived in Volcano Manor. You must pledge your alliance to Volcano Manor thru Tanith, the Head Mistress.
- From Tanith, head to the room where Recusant Bernahl is but do not forget to pass by the Volcano Manor Site of Grace. Across Bernahl, at the long table, take the First Letter from Volcano Manor.
Volcano Manor: The Hunt for Old Knight Istvan
- The Letter from Volcano Manor will ask you to kill Old Knight Istvan.
- From Volcano Manor, the nearest Site of Grace to Old Knight Istvan is Warmaster’s Shack Site of Grace (Stormhill in Limgrave). Use this to instantly get to the nearest location of the knight and start the invasion.
- Start the invasion by interacting with the stones emanating red light along the path.
- Once defeated, Scaled Armor Set, Furlcalling Finger Remedy, Rune Arc, and 1,828 Runes will be rewarded to you. Return to Volcano Manor thru the Volcano Manor Site of Grace and report the kill to Tanith.
Volcano Manor: Full-Fledged Member
- Once the kill is reported to Tanith, you will become a full-fledged member of Volcano Manor and will be rewarded with Magma Shot, a Sorcery item.
- After, return to where Recusant Bernahl and the first letter of the Volcano Manor are located. Get the second letter of Volcano Manor for your next task.
Volcano Manor: The Hunt for Rileigh the Idle
- The second letter will ask you to kill Rileigh the Idle in Altus Plateau.
- Use the Altus Highway Junction Site of Grace for a passable terrain to reach Rileigh the Idle.
- Again, activate the invasion thru the stones emanating red light along the path.
- Once Rileigh the Idle is defeated, you will be rewarded with 1,828 runes and various consumable items such as Black-Key Bolt, Rune Arc, Crepus’s Vial, and Furcalling Finger Remedy.
- Return to Volcano Manor thru Volcano Manor Site of Grace to report that you have killed Rileigh the Idle. You will be rewarded with the Serpent Bone Blade.
Volcano Manor: Letter to Bernahl
- After speaking to Tanith on your 2nd kill, move again to the room where Recusant Bernahl is.
- There will be 2 letters: 1) Red Letter (in the table) and 2) Letter to Bernahl (from Bernahl). Letter to Bernahl contains the details for the assassination of Vargram the Raging Wolf and Errant Sorcerer Wilhelm. The loot for this assassination is the Raging Wolf Armor Set.
Hunt for Vargram the Raging Wolf and Errant Sorcerer Wilhelm
- From Volcano Manor, you have to go to the Outer Wall Battle Ground Site of Grace in Leyndell, Capital Outskirts. Then, head to the Capital Rampart Site of Grace.
- You need to kill the Draconic Sentinel and 2 Great Runes before you can enter Leyndell, the Royal Capital.
- From Capital Rampant Site of Grace, you will have to pass by 3 more Sites of Grace inside the Capital. The last one before the fight with Vargram the Raging Wolf and Errant Sorcerer Wilhelm would be the West Capital Rampart Site of Grace.
- Recusant Bernahl will be helping you with this fight. Use that to your advantage.
How to Navigate inside Leyndell, The Royal Capital
- From the East Capital Rampart Site of Grace, turn left heading to the castle wall walkway.
- Go straight into the caste wall walkway and jump towards the ledge before the doorway. After jumping, enter the doorway below.
Base Image Courtesy via EternalInGaming Youtube Channel
- Once inside, look for the lever to activate the lift. Make your way down using the lift.
- After descending thru the lift, go straight ahead and then turn left to the doorway near the balcony.
Base Image Courtesy via EternalInGaming Youtube Channel
- From there, head downstairs and turn left to enter another doorway that will lead you outside the structure.
- Once outside the structure, follow the 2 little stairwells and go right after the carriage.
- You will find another stairwell to your left. Roll down to the go to the lower level.
- After, go outside the structure and down to the stairwell. Move to the other structure and climb the stairs on your left.
- Once you are on the second floor of the structure, go straight and you will see a grand stairwell. Go up to activate the Avenue Balcony Site of Grace.
- Go down from the site of grace and exit the structure. Take an immediate right to avoid enemies and go around the back of the structure.
- Then, you will see a humongous sculpture of a dragon. You have to jump to the structure until you see a bridge-like platform to the right.
- Jump down from the platform and go up the stairs.
- On your right will be where Vargram and Wilhelm are located. Activate the West Capital Rampant Site of Grace first before proceeding to the entrance of the targets. Jump to the ledge once the Site of Grace is activated.
- After jumping from the ledge, move to the edge of the structure and jump from there. Make your way around and you should be at the entrance.
- You have arrived at the entrance of your target. Activate the stones emanating red light to start the invasion.
You will get the Raging Wolf Armor Set after defeating Vargram the Raging Wolf and Errant Sorcerer Wilhelm.
If you have any questions or you feel that we missed something, please feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!