Phase II of Genshin Impact version 3.1 gives Travelers the chance to pull for Nilou, a five-star Hydro character from Sumeru. We’ve already met with Nilou in the Archon Quest for Sumeru but this is the first time she’ll be playable in Genshin Impact. Alongside this new character, Albedo is getting his rerun banner which is exciting since he is a great Geo Support character. There is always the option to pull for both but if you’re tight on Primogems like most Travelers are, one question remains: should you pull for Nilou or Albedo?
There are also new events coming in Genshin Impact 3.1 Phase II, including the most-awaited log-in event where you can get 10 free wishes on the limited-time banners. However, the main highlight of every patch update in Genshin Impact is the character banners you can pull from. Let’s take a closer look at Nilou and Albedo’s skills and see whether or not they’re worth pulling for.
Genshin Impact 3.1 Phase II: Nilou VS Albedo
Should you pull for Nilou?
What we know so far about Nilou is that she is a five-star Hydro character who uses a Sword as her weapon. From the leaks we’ve seen of Nilou’s abilities, we can immediately tell that she has a similar playstyle to other Hydro characters like Tartaglia and Kamisato Ayato.
- These three Hydro characters rely on Hydro Infusion to deal DMG to enemies
- Nilou scales on her total HP, so you should consider that if you do plan on getting her and pre-farming her appropriate artifacts
- She works best at creating Dendro reactions which your team can use to easily clear out enemy mobs
- You should pull for Nilou if you don’t have a good Hydro five-star like Tartaglia, Ayato, or even Sangonomiya Kokomi
- Her character unfortunately has more cons than pros, so think twice if you’re planning on getting her
You should save your Primogems and skip Nilou’s banner
As much as I love Nilou’s character design, I feel like she won’t be useful in the long run for plenty of reasons.
- Her passive ability immensely restricts her. This makes Nilou a not-so-flexible character in Genshin Impact
- By making her not-so-flexible, you can only team her up with characters that will synergize well with her and her abilities
- If you’re a F2P player in Genshin Impact, definitely skip Nilou’s banner since she’ll be at her best if you get her to C2
- Maybe in her rerun banner, there will be more characters suitable to be in a team with Nilou. For now, it’s better to save your Primogems
Should you pull for Albedo?
The next banner in this version is a rerun of Albedo, the 5-star Geo character from Mondstadt most famous for being an intelligent alchemist. Unlike Nilou, we already have an idea of how Albedo works in Genshin Impact as well as which team comps are best for him. If you’re looking for a sub-DPS or an off-field DPS, you should definitely pull for Albedo.
- Take note that Albedo works best if paired with other Geo characters like Zhongli since his DMG relies heavily on Geo DMG
- He is a flexible character that can be put in any team comp. This is a factor you should consider if you aren’t focused on keeping up with the current meta in Genshin Impact
- Albedo’s Elemental Burst also provides a significant amount of EM for his team
- It isn’t hard building Albedo and if you’ve been playing Genshin Impact for a while, you can always use the free Cinnabar Spindle if no character is using it yet
- He is also a good pull for F2P players
Skip Albedo’s rerun if you don’t need a Geo character
We already had the ability to try and test Albedo so it’s safe to say that he’s worth the Primogems.
- Some of the reasons you should skip his rerun are if you don’t need another Geo Support character or if you want to save your Primogems for someone else
- Make sure to factor in the possibility that Nahida, the Dendro Archon will release in Genshin Impact 3.2
- We’ve already seen plenty of leaks about Nahida’s abilities and I’m definitely going to save my Primogems for her. Check out our article on why you should pull for Nahida
Genshin Impact 3.1 Phase II releases this Friday, October 14
Don’t forget that Phase II is set to drop this Friday! As we already mentioned, there is going to be a log-in event where you can receive 10x Intertwined Fate by just logging in to the game. You shouldn’t miss out on this as you’ll be able to get extra Wishes if you do decide to pull on the banners in this version.
The four-star characters you can get from pulling on the limited-time banners in this version are the following:
Which character will you be pulling for in Genshin Impact 3.1 Phase II? Let us know in the comments below! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.