For newcomers who didn’t know, Genshin Impact has four quest types. Archon Quests tell the main story of the Traveler and Paimon as they journey Teyvat. Story Quests focus on the background and personalities of the playable characters. Most World Quests are unlocked by speaking to NPCs through out the world and is crucial to the world building and its history. Then there are Commissions, daily quests that you can do for rewards.
Diamond in the Rush is one of those tricky (or dare I say rough?) commissions that will make pull your hair in frustration. But don’t worry, just follow this guide and you will get through it in no time.
Diamond in the Rough made easy
Talk to Shitou
- Go to Liyue Harbour and talk to the NPC Shitou. However, keep in mind that you have to be Adventurer level 12 to be able to activate daily commissions.
- Shitou will then ask you to pick a crude stone out of three. This is a mini game where you have to find out the odd one (or the special one in this case).
Figuring out the right one
- There are three ways in which you can guess the right one:
- Render it – Run way way back and let the stone render out of sight. Then slowly walk towards it. The one which renders in first is likely to be the one you are looking for.
- Lighter shade – The Cor Lapis have different shades, pick the one with the lighter shade.
- Clip ‘n see – Walk back a little away from the stones then position your character in line with the stone you want to survey, then turn the 3rd person camera faceward, so that you are looking at your character’s face, and walk back and forth slowly clipping, the camera inside to probe inside the stone. Do this to each stone until you find one with a Cor Lapis inside. If there is a whole Cor Lapis inside, it is the jackpot piece. If there is a part of a Cor Lapis, that is only a fragment of it, that is not the jackpot.
Don’t bother using elemental sight since it makes no difference, the waves move smoothly in all the stone pieces. Stick to the aforementioned methods. If none of the stones have a jackpot, don’t worry, it is just meant to be that way since there is no guarantee that a jackpot will be present each time. So, just do it again later.
You’ll receive the achievement Beginner’s Luck if you get the jackpot on your first try. Regardless, Shitou will give you a either 1× Cor Lapis or 1× Noctilucous Jade after picking a high value jade and completing the commission.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe, Wear a Mask, and Happy Gaming!