As you play through Genshin Impact, you’ll come across different kinds of Bosses which drop valuable upgrade materials you need for your characters or weapons. But of course, that doesn’t mean it’ll be easy for Travelers to defeat these Bosses in Genshin Impact.
Like every other game made, there are some Genshin Impact Bosses more annoying than the others. Below, we came up with a list of Genshin Impact Bosses we think are the most annoying in the game. Additionally, we also included tips and tricks for Travelers like you and me to easily defeat them.
Genshin Impact has different enemy types which Travelers need to defeat in order to progress through the game
At some point, you’re going to have to fight against powerful Bosses in Genshin Impact. Some of these enemies are easy to beat especially if you have characters with high DMG output. However, there are some Bosses who are a nightmare to fight against even for players with high Adventure Ranks.
The list below does not rank 10 Genshin Impact Bosses according to how difficult they are to beat. We’ve grouped these Bosses according to which region you can find them in. But if we were to rank them from mildly annoying to very infuriating, we’re sure you’ll agree that either the Raiden Shogun or La Signora can take the title.
With that being said, here are 10 of the most annoying Bosses in Genshin Impact:
- Childe or Tartaglia
- Primo Geovishap
- Geo Hypostasis
- Pyro Hypostasis
- Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto (Raiden Shogun)
- La Signora
- Maguu Kenki
Tips and tricks to defeat the most annoying Bosses in Genshin Impact
LOCATION: Stormterror’s Lair, Mondstadt
Beating Stormterror Dvalin takes not only strength but also patience. If you’re wondering why he is on the list, it’s because it takes a long time to defeat him. Moreover, the amount of effort you exert in fighting him is also a factor.
Other Travelers have a hard time defeating Dvalin mostly because they don’t know which characters to use. As for other Travelers, they spend most of their time trying to attack this boss from a distance.
Although it’s recommended that you bring a Bow-wielding character with you during this boss fight, you don’t actually need one. As we said, all you need is some patience and dodging skills to defeat Dvalin.
To finish this boss fight in Genshin Impact, wait until Dvalin gets close to you and starts dishing out your attacks to quickly reduce his health bar. You can also do this with a Bow-wielding character but personally, we find that too inconvenient.
- If you can wait for Dvalin to put his hands on the platform, start attacking as much as you can.
- Once his health reaches a certain point, you’ll have access to the weak point on the back of his neck.
- We also suggest using a team comp that has high DMG Elemental Reaction like Pyro plus Electro to quickly reduce Dvalin’s health.
LOCATION: North of Wuwang Hill in Liyue
We can all collectively agree that fighting against the Oceanid is super annoying, right? Especially if you don’t have a character like Zhongli or Diona who can create a shield against the annoying attacks by the Oceanid’s creatures.
One of the creatures that can actually give you a hard time when fighting the Oceanid is the water boar. This is because once it charges at you and you’re unable to defeat it or dodge in time, the DMG is high. So how can we make this boss fight in Genshin Impact easier?
- Bring a Cryo character with you to freeze the pesky creatures which the Oceanid summons. Trust us, you’ll need a Cryo character with you. If you have Qiqi, even better since her Elemental Skill heals you and can freeze enemies near you.
- Make use of Elemental Reactions by combining Pyro and Electro attacks. The reaction produced by these two Elements mixing together is one of our favorites since it can deal with a lot of DMG.
- Bring any ranged character (Catalyst or Bow users) with you. This will definitely help especially when you’re fighting against birds.
- Make use of shield-producing characters if you can’t dodge for your life.
LOCATION: Mt. Hulao in Liyue
If you’ve fought against the Primo Geovishap boss in Genshin Impact, imagine a bigger and tougher version of it. Once you have an image in your head, then you’ll most probably be thinking of an enemy similar to Azhdaha.
There are some Travelers who don’t know who Azhdaha is since access to this boss is locked behind Zhongli‘s story quest. But if you’ve already encountered Azhdaha, you don’t need us to tell you that he’s a tough nut to crack.
The best advice we can give you to easily defeat this boss in Genshin Impact is to have a shielder on your team. Although shielders are essential in any enemy or boss fight you’ll have in Genshin Impact, shields come in handy when it’s Azhdaha you’re up against.
But if you’re willing to risk going into the Azhdaha fight without a shielder, Genshin Impact rewards you with achievement and some Primogems. So it’s worth a shot, right?
Nonetheless, here are a few important things to note before battling Azhdaha:
- Use a shielder to minimize the DMG.
- Make sure to pay attention to the elements shown on the door of his Domain. These are indicators of which Elements are going to be absorbed by Azhdaha. Make sure to equip characters whose Elements cannot be absorbed by this boss.
- Geo and Physical DMG are useless against Azhdaha. This is because he has 70% Geo Resistance and 40% Physical Resistance.
Childe or Tartaglia
LOCATION: “Golden House” located in Mt. Tianheng of Liyue
When Childe’s domain first came out, a lot of Travelers had a hard time dealing with his battle style. And now that it’s been a while since his Domain first launched, Childe is still one of the most annoying bosses in Genshin Impact.
You may think that he’s easy to beat when you take on his regular form. He’ll just be casting Hydro attacks your way and his DEF stat is not that high. But don’t let that fool you since there are two more phases of this weekly boss which you have to fight against.
- For the second phase, Childe will be more aggressive and also possess the Electro element. The trick here is to run around Childe and wait for the perfect moment to strike. Though you will have a hard time doing this if you’re not quick enough to outrun his attacks.
- And as for Childe’s third phase, this is called his “Foul Legacy” form. Compared to the first two phases, Childe is more powerful and Travelers will have a hard time attacking him because he is constantly moving.
But this boss fight will be a breeze if you’re able to quickly cast your attacks and have them hit Childe. Furthermore, you’ll want to bring your strongest unit as well as a healer to make things easier for you.
LOCATION: Tianqiu Valley in Liyue
Traveler, meet Baby Azhdaha.
This Genshin Impact boss is fairly easy to defeat if you have the right characters in your team. And like other bosses, you’ll want to consider bringing along a shielder to make things easier.
But unlike the other bosses, having a shielder on your team is essential when fighting against the Primo Geovishap boss in Genshin Impact. This is because if your shield can take a lot of DMG, that same DMG is transferred over to the Primo Geovishap instead.
So if you want to easily defeat the Primo Geovishap, consider investing in shielders like Zhongli or Noelle.
- You can also use other shielders but you’ll have an easier time if you use Geo shielders like these two.
- But if you don’t have these two characters, you’ll want to make sure that your shield matches the element of the Primo Geovishap for that day. When this happens, the DMG you can inflict on this boss will be higher.
- On the other hand, you can also opt to use high DMG-dealing characters to quickly beat this Genshin Impact boss.
But as we said, it’ll be easy to defeat the Primo Geovishap. What makes this boss annoying is his “Primordial Shower” attack.
LOCATION: Guyun Stone Forest in Liyue
Before the Pyro Hypostasis arrived, the Geo Hypostasis had the title of ‘Most Annoying Cube Boss’ in Genshin Impact. The main reason why Travelers all have unpleasant experiences with this boss is because of the fact that defeating this requires patience.
So if you’re having a hard time defeating the Geo Hypostasis, make sure to bring a Claymore character as well as a Bow character.
- If the Geo Hypostasis is in the air, using a Bow character can inflict DMG on it directly whereas Catalyst users will mostly focus on destroying its pillars. Additionally, you should use Charged ATKs when using a Bow character on this boss.
- But if you have no choice but to destroy its pillars, you need a Claymore user for this task. Swords won’t deal significant damage to its pillars. On the other hand, Claymores are effective at quickly destroying these pillars so you’ll break the Geo Hypostasis’ shield
LOCATION: Kannazuka Island in Inazuma
The next contender for the ‘Most Annoying Cube Boss’ in Genshin Impact is the Pyro Hypostasis. But this is not the only annoying boss to fight against in Inazuma.
The Pyro Hypostasis has a Pyro shield similar to that of the Geo Hypostasis. But what makes this boss beyond annoying to fight is the fact that it can regenerate its shield if you’re not quick enough to extinguish its Fire Seeds.
So for Travelers like you to quickly and easily defeat this boss in Genshin Impact, make sure to do the following:
- Always have a Hydro character on your team. Preferably, use characters who are Catalyst wielders since you don’t have to charge your ATK for that Hydro effect.
- When you reach the final phase of this boss, make sure to quickly put out the Fire Seeds to prevent it from restoring its shield. If it succeeds in putting its shield up again, you’ll have to start over again.
Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto (Raiden Shogun)
LOCATION: Beneath the Grand Narukami Shrine in Inazuma
Your fight against the Raiden Shogun weekly boss in Genshin Impact is arguably the hardest boss fight to date in the game. Of course, it would only make sense that this battle is hard considering that you’re going against the puppet of Inazuma’s Archon.
Ei is powerful so it’s no surprise that her puppet is hard to defeat. What makes this boss fight in Genshin Impact annoying is the fact that she is strong to the point that you’ll literally accept your fate halfway through the battle.
And based on our personal experience, it takes a few tries before you’ll learn her pattern and adapt accordingly. Similar to Childe, the Raiden Shogun boss fight has different phases wherein she uses different weapons.
To make things easier for you, here are a couple of things you should remember before entering this Trounce Domain:
- Bring an Electro character to activate the Electro Orbs which prevent the Raiden Shogun from dealing a deadly blow to your character.
- Aside from an Electro character, you’ll also want to have Pyro and Cryo characters on your team since these are the most effective Elements against this Genshin Impact boss.
- Pay attention to the weapon that the Raiden Shogun is using and familiarize yourself with her attacks.
LOCATION: Inazuma City
The second Fatui Harbinger to be a world boss is La Signora. Additionally, the events which took place before she became a World Boss in Genshin Impact mark the first time a character died in the game.
It’s no secret that La Signora is powerful, which explains why her boss fight is quite difficult to play through especially if you’re solo-ing her. Similar to Childe, she enters different phases throughout the boss fight.
- In the first phase, La Signora capitalizes on the fact that she can inflict the ‘Sheer Cold’ status on players. This makes fighting her harder since it drains your health points if you don’t stand near a fire totem.
- And as for the second phase, you’ll have to fight against La Signora in her Pyro form. This time, however, you’ll need to handle being inflicted with the ‘Blazing Heat’ status.
With those factors alone, it makes La Signora one of the most annoying bosses in Genshin Impact. Sadly, we don’t have a choice but to fight her especially if we’re after the materials she drops after every fight.
Here are some tips and tricks you’ll want to keep in mind the next time you face off against La Signora in Genshin Impact:
- Use Goulash in the first half of the boss fight against La Signora. Like we said, having the ‘Sheer Cold’ status will make it difficult for you to conserve your health points in this fight.
- Pay attention to the Crimson Lotus Moths. These are essential in quickly defeating La Signora in the first phase. Although you can use Pyro characters to quickly melt her cocoon, you’ll be at a disadvantage in the next phase since she’ll use her Pyro form.
- Avoid using a Pyro or Cryo-focused team. The best Elements to use against La Signora are anything aside from Pyro or Cryo characters. This is because you’ll have an even harder time defeating her.
LOCATION: Yashiori Island in Inazuma
And as for the final annoying Genshin Impact boss on our list, we have the Maguu Kenki located in Inazuma. If you had the chance to experience the first time the Golden Apple Archipelago launched in Genshin Impact, then you’ve already fought against the Maguu Kenki.
One of the things which makes the Maguu Kenki an annoying boss to fight with is his AoE attacks. Not only that, this boss also summons phantoms of himself which will make things harder for you in the fight.
After squaring off with this Genshin Impact boss a few times now, here are some of the tips we can share with you in case you’re having a hard time dealing with the Maguu Kenki boss.
- Pay attention to his combat style. One of the things which will make it easier for Travelers to fight this boss is if you learn his moves. You will immediately know if the Maguu Kenki is preparing to attack based on when he repositions himself and enters a stance.
- Use shielders on your team. Like with other Genshin Impact bosses, having shields will greatly increase your chances of easily defeating this boss.
- Focus on close-ranged attacks. Another annoying thing about fighting the Maguu Kenki is if you use long-ranged weapons like Bows or Catalysts, he can immediately block this. So the best way to go about this boss fight is by getting up close to him.
- Use a Physical, Anemo, or Cryo DPS. These are your best options to fight against the Maguu Kenki. This explains why most Travelers showcasing their DMG always fight against the Maguu Kenki since Physical DMG dealers work best against him.
And there you have it, ten of the most annoying bosses in Genshin Impact and tips on how to defeat them. We hope this somehow helped make things easier for you if you’re struggling against some of these bosses.
If there are other Genshin Impact bosses you find annoying, we would love to hear from you in the comments below. Or if you have other tips and tricks to quickly defeat them, feel free to also share them down below.
Let us know if you had the same experience as us when you first encountered these Genshin Impact bosses. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.