Genshin Impact is one of the biggest games today and it isn’t going to stop being big anytime soon. Genshin Impact Version 2.1 is now live and one of the biggest things it brings along is the new fishing system. You might be wondering how to get started with it, what rods and baits and available etc. Well, do not worry as we are here to answer all your questions. All you need to do is stay with us till the end.
With the introduction of a fishing system, you will be able to cast lines for fishing in designated areas of water. Without further ado, let’s dive straight into it.
- There will be around 20 types of fish or maybe even more, and you will be able to find them all across Tevyat.
- Different kinds of fish will have varying difficulty levels and will require different fishing rods
- You can choose the bait before fishing and can also switch between the bait while fishing.
- There are currently 5 types of bait, and a specific kind of bait will only work on a specific kind of fish
- Bait can be crafted from various materials at crafting tables in Genshin Impact’s major cities.
- If you throw the line too close to the fish while fishing, it will get startled and swim away
- In this fishing mini-game, you’ll have to time your reactions to control the tension of your line and reel in the fish.
- You can trade the fish for various in-game rewards or use them for meat
- It will also introduce a special kind of fish called “Ornamental Fish” that you can raise on your own in the Pool of Sapphire Grace
You can unlock the fishing rod from the Lunar Realm event after reaching Adventure Rank 30 or above. You will also have to complete the Archon Quest “Ritou Escape Plan,” unlock the Serenitea Pot System and complete the “Exploding Population” quest eligible for the Lunar Realm Event.
Lunar Realm event’s tasks will last up to 7 days and if you successfully finish them, you will obtain a fishing rod Moonstringer. Alongside that, you will also receive Primogems, Mysterious Fish Furnishing, Hero’s Wit, Sanctifying Unction, Mystic Enhancement Ore, and Mora. Post this you can get affiliated with the Fishing Association.
Apart from Moonstringer, there are 4 other known rods in the game as of now. Each of them can be obtained in different designated regions of the game. These rods are Wilderness rod, Windtangler (Mondstadt), Wishmaker (Liyue), and Narukawa Uzai (Inazuma).
Different bodies of water in different regions will have different species of fish, Also, as mentioned above, different types of fish will require different types of bait. Once fishing is unlocked, you can make your own bait using Crafting Benches.
You will have to craft baits with world exploration collectible materials, so keep that in mind while looting. Currently, four types of bait are confirmed so far for version 2.1. They are Fruit Paste Bait, Redrot Bait, False Worm Bait, and Fake Fly Bait.
If you have any other questions regarding Genshin Impact, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content related to Genshin Impact, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!