In case you encounter chests that have three blue seals on them, make sure to scout your environment to find the same seals. Aside from the high-tier loot, you can get from Legendary Chests, the ones locked by seals also give you good rewards if you’re able to get it open. In God of War: Ragnarok, you’ll need to solve a puzzle before you get to unlock a Nornir Chest. Keep reading to know how to unlock these Nornir Chests in the game.
Nornir Chests in God of War: Ragnarok
Before anything else, we’ll give you a brief rundown of what makes a Nornir Chest different from the other chests. The most obvious difference is its physical appearance. A Nornic Chest has three glowing blue seals on the front. As for the reward it contains, you’ll get either Idunn Apples or Horns of Blood Mead. In some cases, the chest gives you rare attachments or crafting components.
How to unlock
You may find yourself stuck thinking about how to unlock the Nornir Chests. There are different ways to clear the seals and open the Nornir Chests, and we’ll provide them here so you’ll know what to do if you come across one of these.
1. Break the statues
One of the few ways you can unlock the Nornir Chests is by breaking the statues holding the seals.
- They may be found just around the vicinity of where the chest is located.
- Some are easy to spot but other statues may be concealed by breakable objects or even a geyser. Pick up your Axe, and throw it towards the letter seal to break it. You can take all the time you need though, don’t worry about any time limit.
- Explore the area and find all three seals to unlock the Nornir Chests. Do look up, down, and around the area near the chest. Some may be hidden, so keep a keen eye on your environment.
In case this isn’t the way to open the chests, you may check out the other ways below.
2. Hit and turn the pillars
Another way to unlock the Nornir Chests is by hitting the pillars so you can turn them. If you see pillars with circular disks on either side, then that should be it.
- Your aim should be to point at the disk to make it turn and land on the correct symbol (which you can see at the lower part of the pillar). Don’t miss out on the symbols on the chest, that’s how you can open the Nornir.
- You can aim at either side to make it turn so the seal is facing the right way. Additionally, do check out the rock formations, some pillars are hidden in between or on them.
- You’ll know that a pillar is facing the right way by a pop-up on the right side of your screen. This notifies you of the number of seals you’ve broken so far.
- Once you hit all the pillars to their right positions and the seals are properly displayed, there is a distinct sound you’ll hear when the Nornir Chest may be opened. Head back to the chest, and loot the rewards!
3. Light up the braziers
Another thing to look for when you come across a Nornir Chest is braziers with seals on them. Unlike with the pillars and statues, you won’t need your Leviathan Axe for this. Instead, you’ll be using Kratos’ Blades of Chaos to light some braziers up!
- Some braziers are hidden behind barrels, and other objects so work hand-in-hand with Atreus and his Sonic Arrows! Once you find one, aim and throw your Blades at the fire bowl. In a swift motion, the Blades of Chaos will light up the brazier.
- However, if you came across a brazier locked behind an unbreakable gate, the best way is to find a good angle near the area. Then, you can start swinging the Blades of Chaos rapidly so they can hit the brazier once there are flames on it. A brazier you can light up with this method is the one you’ll encounter while shutting down the mining rigs.
4. Time Limit
Thought you were done with finding ways how to break the seals on a Nornir Chest? This is quite possibly the most tricky one as it will require not only speed but precision. Although finding the seals is easier, the challenge here is getting to hit them all before time runs out.
- Just remember to keep a keen eye to easily see your target. From there, you may strategize on what to hit first, maybe go for the first long-range target you see. If you see a seal near you, hit it with your Axe, then aim another for the last.
- Try to stay calm so your aiming won’t be off. Easier said than done, but you have to be focused and even patient for this one to get it!
- Be sure to check your environment to see if there’s anything you can use to get the job done. The first Nornir Chest you’ll encounter in the main storyline is in the Temple of Light. If you successfully unlock the chest, Tyr even lets you know you did a good job.
5. Simultaneous detonation with Draupnir Spears
The last method to unlock a Nornir Chest is by detonating them with your Draupnir Spears. Of course, you’ll only get the Draupnir Spear once you’ve made significant progress in the main storyline of God of War: Ragnarok. The first Nornir Chest that you can unlock with this method is the one you’ll encounter right before you’ll leave The Forge with Freya.
- Find all the pillars with symbols first then throw a spear at each one of them. Don’t worry about running out of these spears since the Draupnir Spear regenerates itself.
- Once you’ve successfully put a spear on each pillar needed for the Nornir Chest, press the ‘Triangle’ button to detonate the spears. Wait for a while until every spear has detonated before checking to see if the chest has unlocked.
- Make sure that you’ll only detonate the spears once you’ve tagged all the pillars. Detonating them one by one will not work.
Get to unlocking those Nornir Chests!
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!