Although God of War Ragnarok offers exciting challenges, powerful loot, and an epic adventure, players are already anticipating New Game Plus. With this new mode, players can replay at a higher difficulty, without losing all their unlocks from the first playthrough. Here’s everything we know about God of War Ragnarok New Game Plus.
We know many of you have been asking, so we’re happy to confirm that New Game Plus will be coming to #GodofWarRagnarok in Spring 2023!
We’ll share more details once we get closer to the release! 🐻 🐺 pic.twitter.com/vmv5X2USuW
— Santa Monica Studio – God of War Ragnarök (@SonySantaMonica) December 22, 2022
Though God of War Ragnarök didn’t win GOTY at The Game Awards, it’s still considered one of the year’s top games. And if you are about to replay this game, we advise you to wait a bit more. As this new GoW Ragnarök replay method is arriving soon.
What is God of War Ragnarok New Game Plus about?
New Game Plus lets you replay the game with your late-game unlocks and weapons, and tougher enemies compared to a normal replay. God of War Ragnarok has not featured the New Game Plus mode yet.
Details regarding how New Game Plus will work in God of War Ragnarök haven’t been disclosed yet. However, here’s how it functioned in the previous game.
- Replay Kratos and Atreus’ adventure with all earned equipment and abilities intact, including armor, talismans, enchantments, runic attacks, skills, and weapons.
- Discover enhanced customization choices with more potent iterations of present armors, talismans, and enchantments.
- Gather scrap slag, a novel resource to create perfect rarity-level gear with the help of our blacksmithing team.
- On the “Give Me a Challenge+” difficulty, enemies can now become elite, introducing a fresh layer to battles.
And many more. You can replay the New Game Plus experience to your heart’s content by initiating another NG+ game from a completed one.
When is God of War Ragnarok New Game Plus mode releasing?
- Santa Monica, the studio responsible for God of War, tweeted that New Game Plus would be launched in Spring 2023. Although we weren’t given a specific date.
- Given that it’s almost March, and the studio has only given a vague release window of “Spring,” we anticipate that New Game Plus will be launched in April at the earliest.
Spiel Times keeps you informed of the latest developments right here, so stay assured.
What can you do before this New Game Plus mode arrives?
Your sole alternative is to begin the experience anew, maybe choosing a higher difficulty level if you seek a more arduous trial. Consequently, there is no additional loot to pursue on subsequent playthroughs. Instead, all the rarest gear is obtainable during a single journey.
Kratos’ maximum power level in Ragnarok is currently limited to nine, achieved only when all weapons, armor, and modifications are upgraded to their fullest. If New Game Plus becomes available, there’s a high possibility of surpassing this limit.
Photo Mode and New Game Plus complement each other perfectly. Letting you relive iconic moments and take the perfect screenshot for your screen-saver.
So there you have everything we know so far about God of War Ragnarok’s New Game Plus mode. We’ll let you know when you can start playing again as soon as there’s an official announcement.
Are you excited about this New Game Plus mode? Do let us know in the comments down below.
Also Read: Will Miquella be a potential boss encounter in Elden Ring’s upcoming DLC, Shadow of the Erdtree?
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!