There are several formidable enemies in God of War: Ragnarok, but none come close to Gna, the Valkyrie Queen. When you finish the game’s main story, players can track her down and fight her alongside Freya. If you just finished God of War: Ragnarok over the holidays and you want to take on the challenge of beating the Valkyrie Queen, here’s our guide on how to beat Gna! Stay with us to learn all the tips, tricks, and other strategies you can apply in one of the game’s most challenging boss fights.
How to beat Gna in God of War: Ragnarok
Like Kratos, you need to devise an effective strategy to beat Gna. Since warriors can only fight her after you finish the game, expect her to test your limits. You can’t just rush in headfirst without preparing yourself if you choose to battle her. To beat Gna, you need to prepare in the following aspects:
- Equipment (armor, runes, etc.)
- Character level
Since Gna is an endgame boss, you most probably have all the available armor sets in God of War: Ragnarok. With that being said, you will want to equip Kratos with an armor set that is focused on giving you the highest defense stat possible. The main reason why you want to focus on defense is because of Gna’s relentless attacks.
- During the fight, Gna can be tough to beat because she will deliver blow after blow. If you get hit by any of these attacks, don’t be surprised by how hard she can hit. This is where a high defense stat for your armor comes in handy.
- You can equip either the Guiding Light or Steinbjorn armor sets. Another important thing is you should level up these armor sets to their highest level if you can before heading into Gna’s boss battle.
You should also equip both Kratos and Freya with the best skills and enchantments possible. When it comes to skills or Runic Attacks, find something that can stun your enemies. You’ll want this for when Gna starts becoming too uncontrollable.
As for enchantments, equip something from the Helheim and Alfheim Sets. Of course, it still depends on which sets you’re comfortable using. It’s a matter of experimenting, but we found these two sets to be the most efficient. One of our favorite Enchantments is the Emblem of Elusion as it helps you dodge Gna’s slam attacks.
Right off the bat, you’ll notice that Gna is different from the other bosses in God of War: Ragnarok. Her attacks will be wildly unpredictable, so it’s a matter of who can stay alive the longest between her and Kratos. The most important tip we can give you when going against Gna is not to underestimate her.
- Some of Gna’s attacks seem simple at first glance. That all changes when she starts delivering a flurry of attacks, so don’t let down your guard at all costs! Any attack she is able to land on Kratos will deal a ton of damage in one go. She also has the ability to one-shot Kratos if she gets an opportunity to grab him.
- You will want to be as aggressive as she is so you won’t give her any time to breathe. By using her same strategy of being aggressive, you will be able to make her vulnerable.
- Dodging is your friend during this fight. Considering how her attacks can inflict Bifrost on Kratos, you really need to steer clear of these. As we mentioned earlier, this boss fight is a battle that can determine who is the strongest.
If you’re still having a hard time dealing with Gna, check your build. There are plenty of builds players are sharing online wherein they easily defeat Gna before she can get even tougher to beat.
You may also want to familiarize yourself with her movesets. Some of her attacks begin with battle cries. When you hear any of these, be quick on your feet to either parry or dodge whatever attack she will cast. However, she can also perform attacks that don’t give you any heads-up whatsoever.
Rewards for defeating Gna
Once you beat Gna in God of War: Ragnarok, you get premium rewards for surviving such a difficult boss battle. Here are your rewards:
- “The True Queen” PSN trophy
- 4,000 Kratos XP
- 4,000 Freya XP
- Queen’s Armor (can be equipped on Freya)
- Rond of Obliteration (Kratos shield attachment)
- The Queen’s Roar (Freya Runic Ability)
Have you already beaten Gna in God of War: Ragnarok? How did the whole fight go? If you have other tips and tricks for beating Gna, share them with us in the comments below! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!