God of War: Ragnarok follows the story of Kratos and Atreus as they journey through the Nine Realms to find a way to prevent Ragnarok from happening. Along the way, players will come across puzzles in different shapes, sizes, and forms. One of the first puzzles you’ll need to solve is on the way to the temple near the start of the game. Here’s a quick guide on how to reach the old temple in Wildwoods for God of War: Ragnarok. Keep reading if you’re stuck!
Getting to the temple with Atreus in God of War: Ragnarok
After Kratos barely survives his fight with Thor, he manages to get back home to Atreus and Mimir. Now that Kratos knows what Atreus has been up to as he searches for Tyr, the boy leads him through the Wildwoods to an old temple.
- According to Atreus, this will help them understand what they can do to fight back against Thor and Odin
- Since the Son of Odin can easily make his way over to Kratos and Atreus’ home, the two need to find a way to get them off their backs
- At this point, a lot of gods want Kratos (and Atreus, in Odin’s case) dead
Players will have no problem finding the temple since all they have to do is follow the path and Atreus. However, the first challenge lies in clearing the way up the temple.
- When you first get there, a fallen stone statue is blocking the way. Both Kratos and Atreus can’t get through because of the pillar
- Some players are bound to get stuck and take some time to figure out what to do. Lucky for you, we have the answers right here
How to clear the way and reach the old temple
Before you focus on clearing the way, you may want to explore a bit. There are two chests you can collect in this area. One is locked behind a gate while the other is on a platform you can grapple up to.
Once you’re done collecting the chests in this area, here’s what you should do to clear the way for both Kratos and Atreus:
- When you first hook your Blades of Chaos on the statue, you can only move it to the left. At first, you’ll think that you did the trick but the stairs are still not cleared of the obstruction
- Take a close look at what moves beside the statue when you move it. A fallen tree is blocking it from moving
- Step to the right to get a clear view of the fallen tree. Its trunk is damaged but it has a marking of some sort
- Use your Leviathan Axe and aim at the damaged part of the tree trunk. After throwing the Axe, the tree will split in half
- Hook your Blades of Chaos on the statue again and after pulling to the right, the path up the stairs is now clear
- Follow Atreus into the old temple
Tips to easily solve puzzles like this in God of War: Ragnarok
This is definitely not the last time you’ll encounter a puzzle like this in God of War: Ragnarok. As you progress, the puzzles will only get more and more complicated. Nonetheless, nothing beats the feeling of satisfaction after successfully solving a head-scratching puzzle in a game.
Most of the time, there won’t be any hints that will make it obvious for you to know what to do. However, there are times when the characters are the ones giving you these hints. So just wait a while for those if you’re feeling stuck!
We hope this guide helped you reach the old temple with Atreus in God of War: Ragnarok.
If you have other questions about the puzzles in God of War: Ragnarok, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.