Aside from exploring the Nine Realms in God of War: Ragnarok, we’re pretty sure it excites you when you meet new creatures and beings. Well, the game isn’t just about exploring and we all know that. You can follow the Main Story Quest while doing Favors on the side as well. For this Side Quest we have here, you probably need help in defeating this enemy. We heard you, so here’s a guide on how you can accomplish the Nocturnal Predator (battle The Flame Phantom!) Favor in God of War: Ragnarok.
Nocturnal Predator Favor
The Nocturnal Predator Favor would be from Ratatoskr, the Squirrel at Sindri’s House. There isn’t much required for this one, just make sure you have access to The Crater region in Vanaheim since it should be near the area. The Side Quest requires you to specifically travel to The Plains after the Scent of Survival Favor. Now we’re off to a mission, players!
How to trigger
- The Nocturnal Predator Favor in God of War: Ragnarok would require to be completed in the nighttime. With this, make sure you gain access to any Celestial Altar in the region of The Plains.
- Once you change the time from day to night, you’ll notice that there are glowing Wisps in The Plains.
- It looks nice to see from afar, however, when you explore the area, something wouldn’t be right. These Wisps are feeding on animals in The Plains. Now you have to stop it from hurting the animals.
- Use your Companion’s Sigil Arrows and Kratos’ Blades of Chaos to make the Wisp go back to its Spring.
- Once sent back the Wisp to its Spring, the Nocturnal Predator Favor should be triggered. And now, the adventure begins.
Capture the second Wisp
- The second Wisp can be seen near the Celestial Altar, near where the Seidr forces were guarding. You can see it feeding on an ibex.
- Aim the Sigil Arrow once again, and light it up with the Blades. This would drive the Wisp out and make it go back to its Spring.
Get to the last Wisp
- Lastly, you can find the third Wisp near the edge of the dried-up river. Your Companion can aim the Sigil Arrows from afar at the Wisp that’s been feeding on the gazelle. Just do it the similar way you did to capture the first two.
The Flame Phantom
- Once you capture all the Wisps, all the Runes light up in the Rune Plate placed in the middle.
- However, the Favor isn’t done just yet. A mini-boss named the Flame Phantom appears. It seems now that the Wisps have now combined, you have to defeat this fiery mini-boss.
- Also, peek at the dragon, it isn’t really an enemy. But when it appears and has the chance, it would damage you. Be mindful of when the dragon is preparing to make things harder for you!
Defeat The Flame Phantom
- Just a tip to defeat this mini-boss, when it is glowing, it would be the best time to strike The Flame Phantom. Bear with the photo below, we were very into fighting and defeating the enemy.
- At times, The Flame Phantom would go underneath and hide, so take this time to break the springs found scattered in the area. No need to worry, you can easily spot the springs because of the purple glow it has.
- Make sure to break these springs as it is connected with the life of the Flame Phantom. Once you break it all, it would be easier for you to damage and defeat the mini-boss. When you finally defeat the Flame Phantom, gather all rewards you can get!
- You will get a weapon upgrade for the Draupnir Spear, resources for crafting armor, and Bestiary Entries afterwards!
More adventures await you in The Crater, warriors!
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!