It was only recently that Sony started expanding its reach. Titles that seemed like they would remain PlayStation exclusives started releasing on the PC through storefronts like Steam and the Epic Games Store. Following the success and warm reception of God of War: Ragnarok, there are rumors about a possible release date for the PC, including DLCs for warriors to enjoy. For those of you who would love to see God of War: Ragnarok become ported to the PC, stay with us!
Possible release date for God of War: Ragnarok on PC
With no official confirmation yet from Sony, all we can do is speculate about Ragnarok’s port to PCs everywhere. After Sony started porting exclusives like Horizon, Uncharted, and even the 2018 God of War title to the PC, gamers are expecting nothing less from their latest releases.
- According to Sony, gamers can expect their exclusive titles to have a PC port after at least a year since their initial release. If we apply this practice to God of War: Ragnarok, then we are looking at a November or December 2023 PC version.
- Sony is not shying away from expanding their market. Pair God of War: Ragnarok’s popularity with how well-received Sony exclusives were when they started becoming available on the PC, and it’s inevitable for the game to get a PC port later this year.
- Once God of War: Ragnarok is released on the PC, it’s better if you upgrade your PC build to the latest specs. We can only hope that Sony and Santa Monica Studio optimize the game the way they did for players on the PS4. Sony usually posts the minimum and recommended specs to run their PC ports, so be sure to check their Steam or Epic Games Store page once Ragnarok is announced for the PC.
Are rumors of a DLC true?
The last time we heard of DLC coming to God of War: Ragnarok was sometime around launch. God of War: Ragnarok’s director Eric Williams had a chance to sit down and speak with Kinda Funny Games. As they discussed any plans for Ragnarok, the topic of DLCs was brought up. Williams responded that the game is already big, so players shouldn’t “count on it”.
Williams also mentioned that he feels they already put everything they had into creating God of War: Ragnarok’s stellar story. Adding DLCs would be senseless given how much content is already available for players to enjoy.
Nonetheless, we have loads of ideas ourselves on DLCs we’d love to see in Ragnarok. Heads up that there may be spoilers about the game’s overall story, so read at your own risk!
- We would love to see a DLC focusing on Surtr and Sinmara’s love story. After Surtr sacrificed himself for Ragnarok, we can hear Sinmara’s cries in Niflheim. If you’ve already finished the game, you should head back to this realm to hear her crying.
- It would also be interesting to meet the Giants that are hidden away in the marbles. Of course, this may be tackled in the next God of War game. Nonetheless, we’re still curious about their identities.
Those are just some of the elements in the story that we’d love to know more about in DLCs. But with what Williams said, it’s best not to get our hopes up for DLCs.
Are you excited for God of War: Ragnarok to arrive on the PC? If Santa Monica Studio does release DLC for the game, what do you wish for it to focus on? Let us know in the comments below! We would love to hear from you. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!