Who would want to be spied on, right? You probably know what Odin’s Ravens are if you have played God of War since the first installment. However, if this would be your first time in the God of War: Ragnarok, we can walk you through it. Here’s a guide on what are Odin’s Ravens, how to spot them, and what would you actually do when you find them.
- The most distinct feature of Odin’s Ravens is that they’re green in color and they’re glowing. Other birds in God of War: Ragnarok don’t glow and although there are ravens, they are black in color.
- Odin made his Ravens to serve as his spies located in the realms you’ll visit. In Ragnarok, there are 48 Ravens in total for you to find.
In the previous God of War game, there were a total of 51 ravens to find. Some of Odin’s Ravens choose to be hidden from Kratos and Atreus. On the other hand, some are freely flying overhead, making it easier to take them down.
How to spot them
- You just have to be alert, especially with what you hear. You wouldn’t want to miss a chance to take down Odin’s Ravens. As you travel along an area, keep your eyes and ears peeled for them.
- You can also check the completion of an area by bringing up your map. Along with other collectibles, the number of Odin’s Ravens are displayed there as well as how many you’ve already taken down.
How to kill Odin’s Ravens
Throw your Axe directly at it
It would probably be a rare case to find yourself standing face-to-face with the raven though. We would highly suggest you take out your Axe and throw it pointing directly at the Raven.
- If a Raven’s sitting still, better, so just scoot a little closer where you can aim perfectly. From there, throw your Axe at the green-colored bird.
Time your throws
Do predict that it will try to come near you, so you may try to aim somewhere in your front. These Ravens require patience so wait for the perfect moment to let the Leviathan Axe go flying!
Make use of your environment
Some Ravens can be locked behind puzzles as you progress through an area. Take for example this Raven in the Temple of Light. You’ll need to make use of the Twilight Stone in the environment so Kratos’ Leviathan Axe can hit it.
- Try aiming at your left side where you’ll see the Twilight Stone. To make sure it would go inside the gate, try to find an angle that would register a blue line. That usually indicates that you’re aiming at the right spot.
- Once you throw and let go of your Axe, it will bounce off the Twilight Stones, exactly to where the Raven is. Just a practice of estimating would make you a pro at hunting Odin’s Ravens.
Rewards for taking down Odin’s Ravens
Did you really think that you taking down Odin’s Ravens in God of War: Ragnarok would go unnoticed? As you explore and use the Mystic Gateways, you can go to a realm called The Raven Tree.
- This is where all the Ravens you’ve slain can be found. You find out through the eerie dialogue from the Ravens that they are being used against their will by the All-father himself
- The more Odin’s Ravens you take down in God of War: Ragnarok, the more rewards you can get in this realm. If you get up close to the Raven Tree, you’ll find six chests. These chests can only be unlocked depending on the number of Ravens you’ve already slain
- Each chest contains powerful loot like an armor set and Runic attacks which will help your journey in taking down Odin
- Be sure to keep an eye out for all of Odin’s Ravens in God of War: Ragnarok! Remember, there are a total of 48 Ravens you can find across the Nine Realms