The wizard game, Hogwarts Legacy is filled with easter eggs, paying homage to Harry Potter books and movies for Pottermore to discover but some are easy to miss.
Hogwarts Legacy: Easter eggs
Although Hogwarts Legacy is set centuries before the books and even predates the Fantastic Beasts film, the new wizard game is nothing less than a treasure hunt of easter eggs.
- Considering the range of details available through the books, movies, and spin-offs the little salutes to the original work were expected, however, that doesn’t mean they are easy to discover.
- Even a die-hard Pottermore might miss some of the hidden details and overlook the easter eggs in Hogwarts Legacy. If you are getting hit with FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) while playing the game then here are some Hogwarts Legacy easter eggs that you probably missed. There might be some minor spoilers so Pottermores’ discretion is advised.
Let’s start easy, players will discover Talking Mirrors at various places throughout the game. Some of them will praise the players while others will serve some sarcastic remarks.
- These talking mirrors were a recurring feature in the Harry Potter series where Harry had to deal with their witty and punching remakers. Try and see how many can you find.
Finally found the trophy room on Hogwarts Legacy lol. I’m in love with this game 😭
— trethree (@_tre3k) February 10, 2023
Hogwarts Herbology Award
The next Easter egg that players can discover is on the way leading to the Trophy Room from the Grand Staircase. It is none other than the Hogwarts Herbology Award belonging to the current Herbology teacher Mirabel Garlick.
- Mirabel Garlick achieved the award during her 7th year at Hogwarts. It is presented for exceeding expectations in her work with flora. You’ll find many more nods to the series in the Trophy Room, including the Goblet of Fire casket.
Hogwarts Legacy offers individualized quests for different houses. During one Slytherin mission, fans can spot a comic Easter egg. In Scrope’s Last Hope, Slytherin students need to place a toast on the pedestal to overcome The Giant Squid wall.
- Once you reach inside, the ghost of Richard Jackdaw notes that some squids seem to love toast. This is a direct nod to Harry and others feeding toast to The Giant Squid.
Also Read: Hogwarts Legacy: All Houses Explained
Potion in the cubicle
In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Hermione brews some Polyjuice Potion in one of the cubicles of Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom. However, in Hogwarts Legacy, we find Hermione was simply keeping up with Hogwarts’ witch heritage.
- As fans discovered a Polyjuice Potion Easter egg in the witches’ toilets near Professor Fig’s office. When you open one of the cubicles, you will find a bubbling cauldron surrounded by all the apparatuses necessary for brewing a potion.
Snape Music Box
During the main story, players will visit the Room of Requirement with Professor Weasley. As players walk past a painting of a witch, they will trigger a musical box on the table. The musical box is easy to miss, however, the figure popping up looks like a spitting image of the future professor, Severus Snape.
Hogwarts Legacy’s cast list includes a few familiar faces. Players will find Headmaster Phineas Nigellus Black (ancestor to Sirius Black) and Professor Matilda Weasley (ancestor of the Weasley family). Apart from those, there are some ghosts of the past that players can come across, such as Nearly Headless Nick.
- However, undoubtedly the fan favorite is Peeves the Poltergeist. An entertaining presence that was lost in translation in the film adaptation. In case you miss him terrorizing students, don’t fret as you’ll find him in an early story mission.
Also Read: Hogwarts Legacy: Release Date, Platforms, and More
A true easter egg tough to notice is a quest involving following butterflies to find a treasure. This is a direct salute to the Ron Weasley dialogue in the Chamber of Secrets. “Why spiders? Why couldn’t we follow the butterflies?” well now thanks to Hogwarts Legacy you can follow butterflies instead of Spiders.
Also Read: Hogwarts Legacy: Official Gameplay Reveal Happening March 17
As you can hear I’m finding all of these little Easter eggs cute as 🤩🥰😅 #HogwartsLegacy pic.twitter.com/enHPshniTq
— Ryan 🪄 (@ryanwwil) February 13, 2023
These are some of the hidden Harry Potter easter eggs in Hogwarts Legacy for Pottermore to discover. Which are your favorite easter eggs that made or didn’t make it into the list– let us know in the comments below and follow Spiel Times for more insights into games and the gaming world.