Hogwarts wouldn’t be Hogwarts without all the creatures it inhabits. Aside from the students, professors, and enemies like the goblins and poachers, animals lived there too. Well, some are good, and some are simply magical beasts. Hogwarts Legacy adapted all these magical beasts, and interestingly, here’s a guide on how to catch a Thestral. This beast can be found in two locations, so let us walk you through it.
Catching a Thestral in Hogwarts Legacy
- Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition owners will ultimately be able to add Sepulchria, a rare Thestral flying mount, to their vivariums in the Room of Requirement.
- In the open world of Hogwarts Legacy, Thestrals can only be discovered and captured at two distinct creature dens, similar to Unicorns, which players can only find in a single designated creature den. Fortunately, one of these dens is not too far from Hogwarts.
RELATED NEWS: Hogwarts Legacy and Everything We Know so Far
Where to Find a Thestral Den (2 Locations)
The North Ford Bog, which is north of Hogwarts Castle, is where you will most likely discover Thestrals.
- The North Ford Bog is home to many Merlin Trials, and if you have assisted Deek, the house elf in The Foal of the Dead quest, you may have already been to this animal breeding facility.
- On the eastern shores of Marunweem Lake, far to the south, there is another Thestral den. Both areas offer Thestrals for you to hunt down and capture.
How to catch a Thestral in Hogwarts Legacy
One thing you should know about these Thestrals — they can fly. Their capability to fly can be a major reason for the struggle to catch them.
- You should utilize the Disillusionment Charm, which enables you to approach a herd of Thestrals without alarming them, in order to successfully capture one.
- Most monsters won’t be able to be captured with the Nab-Sack if you don’t use stealth.
- You can then make a Thestral immobile by using spells like Arresto Momentum, Glacius, and Levioso before using your Nab-Sack.
- Cast the Disillusionment Charm to stay unnoticed and hidden. Get near your target Thestral and find an angle to catch it.
- You may cast Glacius, Levioso, or Arresto Momento quickly to the target beast. In doing this, you immobilize the Thestral.
- Deploy the Nab-Sack, an item that safely captures the beast, and would take time before it gets caught. Continue through the button prompts while getting near the Thestral.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Ready your spells. If the Thestral plans to escape, you can use your spells to hold it down.
RELATED NEWS: Hogwarts Legacy: Release Date, Platforms, and More
- You can release your captured Thestrals into your Room of Requirement vivariums, where they can be fed and combed to make Thestral Hair.
- Thestral Hair is a rare resource and is required for several equipment improvements in Hogwarts Legacy.
How to unlock the fast-travel feature?
- On your first day at Hogwarts, Professor Weasley introduces you to the Floo Flames. Simply, this is how you can unlock the fast-travel feature in Hogwarts Legacy.
- Just visit each of the Floo Flames scattered on the x` of Hogwarts Legacy. You activate each Floo Flames once you visit them, so make sure to stop by at all of the locations. Afterward, you can travel anytime and anywhere between those Floo Flames.
Can players ride on Thestrals?
Thestral mount flying animation be looking real good. Spoiler tagged jic.
by u/Apfeif11 in HarryPotterGame
- One of the pre-order bonuses of Hogwarts Legacy is the Thestral Mount.
- Aside from Thestrals, Hippogriffs and Graphorns are flying mounts too. To have these mounts, you have to complete specific missions. These magical beast mounts add to your collection in the Vivarium.
Have you rescued a Thestral in Hogwarts Legacy already?
RELATED NEWS: Hogwarts Legacy: Dark Arts Battle Arena – How to win?
Share your thoughts with us about Hogwarts Legacy! Also, what Hogwarts Legacy Guides do you want to see? Let us know in the comments below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!