If you have been enjoying Hogwarts Legacy during the early access phase, you can claim some fun rewards through Twitch Drops. By doing this, you can get your hands on some exclusive late-game gear like the Merlin’s Cloak much earlier in the game. All you have to do is watch a streamer play Hogwarts Legacy with Twitch Drops enabled on the live-streaming platform.
Another chance for the exclusive Merlin's Cloak Twitch Drop!
Join Avalanche Software on Twitch on Friday, Feb 24th at 2 pm PST/5pm EST. We'll be live for a few hours, starting our studio playthrough of #HogwartsLegacy.https://t.co/ehcf7Z9dK6 pic.twitter.com/E0mBvWM727
— WB Games Avalanche (@AvalancheWB) February 22, 2023
Initially, participating in the Hogwarts Legacy launch stream on Twitch was the only way to get the stunning Merlin’s Cloak in the game. However, things didn’t work out the way Portkey Games and Avalanche Software expected them to.
Many players who watched the stream were unable to redeem their rewards. This led to them offering a second chance for the players to get Twitch Drops when the early access phase of Hogwarts Legacy came to an end on February 24.
How to get Twitch Drops on Hogwarts Legacy
- The first step is to link your Hogwarts Legacy account to your Twitch account and follow the prompts to link your accounts.
- Twitch Drops are only available during specific events or promotions. So, you will need to watch a participating stream during one of these periods.
- You can find out when these events are happening by checking the official Hogwarts Legacy website or social media channels.
- Once you have watched a participating stream, you will need to wait for your reward to be processed. Once your reward has been processed, you will receive a notification on Twitch.
- Click on the notification to claim your reward and follow the prompts to add it to your game account.
Rewards from Twitch Drops on Hogwarts Legacy
Apart from the Merlin Cloak, you can get the following items in order from the Twitch Drops after watching a stream for 30 minutes.
- Silver Dragon-Eyed Spectacles – Face wear Cosmetic
- Urchin Hat – Headwear Cosmetic
- Carmine Lightning Bolt Scarf – Neckwear Cosmetic
- Lilac Ensemble – Outfit Cosmetic
You can claim these rewards in the Twitch Inventory. It’s important to note that not all Twitch streams will offer Hogwarts Legacy Drops, so be sure to check the official channels to see when and where Drops are available.
Earning Twitch Drops is possible even before buying Hogwarts Legacy. All you need is the same WB Games account you used to watch the stream to log in to Hogwarts Legacy.
Additionally, make sure that your Twitch account is linked to your Hogwarts Legacy account before watching participating streams to ensure that you are eligible for Drops.
When will Twitch Drops be available for Hogwarts Legacy?
Now that the early access phase has come to an end, players will have to be on the lookout from official handles to see when Twitch Drops are available. It’s highly likely that they will return as they are a great way to promote the game. Streamers prefer Twitch Drops to increase engagement by rewarding their most loyal viewers.
“Hogwarts Legacy” has wingardium leviosa-ed Warner Bros. Games’ sales, earning $850 million in global sales and moving more than 12 million units in just its first two weeks post-launch.https://t.co/kSYv9uIFd5
— Variety (@Variety) February 23, 2023
Despite being marred by controversies, Hogwarts Legacy has become one of the biggest game launches in recent memory.
RELATED NEWS: Is Hogwarts Legacy PlayStation 5 Controller coming soon?
You can also share any questions you have about Twitch Drops on Hogwarts Legacy. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.