Honkai: Star Rail is the latest space fantasy RPG from HoYoverse. Before players can board the Astral Express, they must choose which Receptacle will be their main character throughout the game. Deciding between Stelle or Caelus may be challenging for new players who want to ensure their time in Honkai: Star Rail is enjoyable. Keep reading to learn more about the Receptacles in Star Rail and which one is right for you, Stelle or Caelus?
Who are Stelle or Caelus in Honkai: Star Rail?
In the opening sequences of Honkai: Star Rail, you control a red-haired woman called Kafka. However, this is not the main character you will control throughout the rest of the game. When she meets up with her partner, Silver Wolf, they work together to retrieve the Stellaron.
Stellarons are known to be the Cancer of All Worlds, as they can be powerful enough to create distortions in space. Once the duo successfully retrieves the Stellaron, they bring out a Receptacle capable of being a host to this power. Players must choose who they will use in Honkai: Star Rail between Stelle and Caelus as Kafka wakes them up.
Eventually, whoever players choose will wake up in the Herta Space Station. Kafka and Silver Wolf are nowhere to be found, but the main character tags along with the group as they secure the space station.
Which Trailblazer should you choose?
Choosing between Stelle or Caelus in Honkai: Star Rail reminded us of when we had to choose between Aether or Lumine in Genshin Impact. However, choosing among the two Trailblazers will not affect the game’s storyline.
- From what we’ve seen, it doesn’t matter if you go with the male or female MC. Unlike in Genshin Impact, where Aether is the canon choice, Star Rail offers its players more freedom.
- Both Stelle and Caelus share the same stats in Honkai: Star Rail. They are different in terms of physical appearance, design, and gender. However, both of these characters wield the bat in combat and have the power of the Stellaron inside them.
- Your choice ultimately depends on who you are most comfortable playing as. It’s important to note that you cannot change your Receptacle as soon as you choose between them.
- This means that your chosen Receptacle, Stelle or Caelus, will be with you throughout the rest of Honkai: Star Rail. That said, selecting the character you prefer and are more comfortable with is essential to make your gameplay enjoyable.
Stelle and Caelus are only their codenames in Honkai: Star Rail
You can also change your main character’s name in Honkai: Star Rail. It doesn’t necessarily have to be Stelle or Caelus, as these are just the Receptacles’ codenames. Make sure you choose the right character and give them a proper name since the only way to change this is by creating a brand new account and starting the story from the beginning.
One of the details we like most about Honkai: Star Rail is that the main character has voice lines. In some instances, they even have dialogues wherein they talk to themselves.
- Because of this, we went with Stelle, the female Trailblazer. With Stelle, we use the Japanese dub since her voice actor is Yui Ishikawa. She is best known for voicing Mikasa in Attack on Titan and Violet in Violet Evergarden.
- It’s fun getting to hear the main character speak occasionally. This little detail adds to Honkai: Star Rail’s overall enjoyability.
- As we said, choosing between Stelle or Caelus all comes down to personal preference. If you feel more comfortable playing as Caelus or vice versa, you can do that while still enjoying the story of Star Rail!
We hope this guide helped you decide who your main character in Honkai: Star Rail will be! If you have other questions about HoYoverse’s latest RPG, please let us know in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!