Earlier this year, Bethesda announced that they will be shutting down the Bethesda.net launcher for good. The launcher will officially shut its operations on May 11, 2022.
The reason behind them closing their doors is still unknown. It may be because of the lack of customers or could be something else. Although the previous announcement said that the official final day of the launcher is April 11, Bethesda will allow 1 more month for you to migrate your Bethesda library and wallet to Steam, for free!
Bethesda used to run the gaming world in the past. With popular titles like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and Wolfenstein, they were considered one of the biggest names in the industry. Sadly, the time has come when we have to say goodbye to an old friend.
How to Migrate your Bethesda Library to Steam
- Bethesda will announce a link on April 27 which will redirect you to the “migration process”
- Starting April 27, you can now migrate all of your owned games’ progress, saves, purchases, and wallet to your Steam account. All migrated games (and their content) will be free to play on steam.
- Virtual currency balance and game add-ons such as DLC and in-game skins will automatically transfer.
- While some data will automatically transfer to Steam, there are other games’ saves that need to be copied manually.
- Even though the Bethesda launcher is closing, the games you have migrated to steam may still need your Bethesda account, so you better keep it.
- Unfortunately, Wolfenstein: Youngblood’s game data will not be able to transfer to Steam.
- Your friend’s list in Bethesda will also be included in the migration to Steam.
Is this really the end of Bethesda? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
OTHER NEWS: Valorant: Agent Fade, All You Need To Know
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!