In the demo for the new Kirby and the Forgotten Land, players are introduced to a new boss in the series: Gorimondo. Through the demo, players also have the chance to try out their hand in battling Gorimondo. In this guide, we’ll be giving you tips and tricks on how to defeat him.
You can choose which difficulty mode to play in the demo.
There are two difficulty modes for the demo: Wild Mode and Spring-Breeze Mode. These modes will determine Kirby’s health points as well as the total Star Coins players can collect after finishing each stage.
- Spring-Breeze Mode is suitable for players new to games like Kirby.
- On the other hand, seasoned players of action platformers like Kirby are recommended to try the Wild Mode.
Regardless of which difficulty mode you choose, it will not affect players’ experience in the battle against Gorimondo.
Where to fight Gorimondo?
The battle against Gorimondo is included in the “Brawl at the Mall” stage. All you have to do is explore the location and when you come across the food court, it will trigger the boss fight with Gorimondo. Before you proceed to battle it out with Gorimondo, keep in mind that he has four attack types. His attacks depend on how close Kirby is to him. It’s also worth noting that Gorimondo has a special attack pattern when you get his health bar low enough.
What are Gorimondo’s attack types?
As we mentioned earlier, Gorimondo’s attack depends on how close Kirby is to him. First of all, if Kirby is not far from him, Gorimondo will use a swipe attack. Doing so will cause Gorimondo to dash forward so he can grab Kirby. You can collect eight Stars after Gorimondo swipes at you.
- As for his second and third attack types, Gorimondo will stomp or use a jump attack on Kirby if our pink hero goes near Gorimondo’s feet. Unlike the swipe attack, Kirby can inhale four Stars after a jump attack and one Star after the stomp attack.
- Furthermore, Gorimondo’s fourth attack will have him throwing boulders at Kirby. If Kirby isn’t in close proximity with Gorimondo for him to use his three attacks, he will make use of boulders to hurl at Kirby. Each boulder thrown gives four Stars.
Finally, Gorimondo’s fifth attack is a spin attack. This is triggered if his health points are low (usually one-third) and players are warned about the attack by Gorimondo himself.
Once Gorimondo begins pounding his chest, you have to prepare yourself for his rage attack. Gorimondo will spin for around eight seconds until he stops and is visibly dizzy. You now have the opening to attack Gorimondo until he regains consciousness and continues with the fight.
How to defeat Gorimondo?
- Dodging is the key to defeating Gorimondo. Even though the Ice, Bomb, and Sword abilities can be obtained before you encounter Gorimondo, you need to be in close proximity with Gorimondo to effectively use them.
- The quickest and most effective way to defeat Gorimondo is by getting close to him and unleashing Kirby’s attacks. You just have to be careful not to let Gorimondo damage you too much, so evading will come in handy.
But if you’re the type of player who wants to battle Gorimondo from a distance, make sure to collect the Stars dropped throughout the battle. Collect enough Stars so Kirby’s Star attack can deal a high amount of damage to Gorimondo. It’s also worth noting that Gorimondo’s attack and movement speeds are slow, so use that to your advantage.
We hope this guide helped you in defeating Gorimondo. If you have any questions about Kirby and the Forgotten Land, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!