Pokemon Go will soon have the Mega Evolution feature for your favorite pokemon. Although there’s not much information about it at the moment, we’ve collected every tiny bit of information available and put them together in this article. So, here’s everything you need to know about Mega Evolution in Pokemon Go.
What is Mega Evolution in Pokemon Go?
Mega Evolution will allow your Pokemon to evolve and get stronger. Some pokemon will look different as well. To upgrade your regular Pokemon to Mega Pokemon, you’ll need a Mega Stone specific to the species. For example, if you want to evolve Ampharos to a Mega Evolution Pokemon, you’ll need Ampharosite. Plus, you’ll need a Key Stone.
When is Mega Evolution Coming To Pokemon Go?
Currently, we don’t have any release date but rumors say it should arrive very soon. Additionally, the developers confirmed that any Pokemon that can be upgraded with Mega Evolution in other games, you can upgrade them in Pokemon Go as well.
Which Pokemon Can Go Through Mega Evolution?
- Charizard* – can change from Fire and Flying to Fire and Dragon
- Pinsir – changes from Bug to Bug and Flying
- Gyarados – changes from Water and Flying to Water and Dark
- Mewtwo* – can change from pure Psychic to Psychic and Fighting
- Ampharos – changes from pure Electric to Electric and Dragon
- Sceptile – changes from pure Grass to Grass and Dragon
- Aggron – changes from Steel and Rock to pure Steel
- Altaria – changes from Dragon and Flying to Dragon and Fairy
- Lopunny – changes from Normal to Normal and Fighting
- Audino – changes from Normal to Normal and Fairy
For any questions related to Mega Evolution in Pokemon Go, feel free to comment down below and we’ll help you.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of Pokemon Go. Until next time, Stay Safe, Respect All Lives, and Happy Gaming!