In Pokémon GO, Tapu Koko is one the strongest Electric/Fairy-type Mythical Pokémon. Available through special events and raids, Tapu Koko just got its Shiny variant on Pokémon GO for the first time this month. Read to find out how to get a Shiny Tapu Koko either by trading, catching them, or participating in Legendary Mega Raids and what makes it a special catch.
How to catch Shiny Tapu Koko
Apart from the glimmering light in the outline, the Shiny Tapu Koko has a black shell mask in contrast to the regular variant’s yellow shell. The Shiny Tapu Koko is available on Pokémon GO as a 5-star Raid Boss, which is extremely rare.
- Trainers have to defeat the regular Tapu Koko so that they can enter the 5-star raid and achieve the feat again. It’s always better if trainers participate as groups of three or four with individual levels above 30.
Trading Tapu Koko or Catching them in the wild
Given how rare the Shiny variant of Tapu Koko is, trading is a farfetched option as it would require an insane amount of Stardust. So, the best shot for everyone is by participating in the Legendary Raid.
- The odds of finding them in the wild is 1 in 500 which makes it practically impossible for most trainers. However, the Shiny Tapu Koko’s capture rate is 100%, which means any single Premier Ball that adequately hits it will result in its capture.
- Using a Nanab berry ensures that it stops attacking and the Premier Balls are not wasted.
Tapu Koko on Pokémon GO
Shiny Tapu Koko is a powerful Pokémon with high stats and a unique Electric Surge ability that sets up an Electric Terrain when it enters the battlefield.
- Its unique moves Nature’s Madness cuts the target’s HP in half and Guardian of Alola deals massive damage to the opponent.
- On paper, it is a special Pokémon that protects Melemele Island, is one of the islands of the Alola region.
- Tapu Koko’s typing makes it weak to Steel, Poison and Ground-type moves, but it is resistant to Electric, Fighting, Bug, Fairy and Grass-type moves.
Shiny Pokémon vs Regular Pokémon
In Pokémon GO, Shiny Pokémon are alternate color variations of regular Pokémon. They are extremely rare and can be identified by their unique shiny animation when caught.
- The chances of encountering a shiny Pokémon in the wild are very low but you can get them by hatching eggs, completing research tasks, and participating in raids.
Shocked that I actually got the shiny
2nd one seen#TapuKoko #PokemonGO pic.twitter.com/z7SBCZ4GvX
— Nugs (@CelestialNugs) January 27, 2023
- Owning a shiny Pokémon is practically a badge of honor among Trainers. Pokémon GO players have a goal to catch every shiny Pokémon available in the game.
- Keep in mind that the Shiny version of a Pokémon is not stronger or weaker than the regular version, it’s just a cosmetic tweak that increases its value.
⚡ Get charged up for the Crackling Voltage event! 👇https://t.co/VXzwNYsOLV pic.twitter.com/mTC8PIj7Jm
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) January 20, 2023
Due to its rarity and high power, Tapu Koko is highly sought after by many trainers and is considered a valuable addition to any team. It is a must-have for any player looking to compete in high-level play. The shiny variant would be a distinguished feather on any trainer’s cap.
RELATED NEWS: Pokemon GO: Level Requirements – All details
You can also share any questions you have about Shiny Tapu Koko on Pokémon GO. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.