Pokemon Go’s events in October started off with a spooky theme, heralding the arrival of the Holiday Season, and Halloween. Furthermore, a special Halloween celebration is also happening, kicking off from today, the 15th of October, and lasting till the end of the month.
The event happens in two parts. Each will feature activities and Pokemon in Halloween themes. This is in addition to event-long activities.
- Season of Mischief: The story of the Mythical Pokemon Hoopa will continue over the course of the Halloween event.
If players complete a Season’s Special Research story, they will access a special event at the end. In addition, new parts of the Research will be unlocked as the Halloween Mischief event progresses. Moreover, more Pokemon of the Psychic-, Ghost- and Dark-type will appear in the wild, where players can learn about them.
- Halloween Cup
- Special and Timed Research Events: Players will be able to participate in an event titled “What Lies Beneath the Mask?”. The increased appearance of Ghost-type Pokemon in the area, especially Yamask, has intrigued Professor Willow, making him want to learn more about them.
- Lavender Town Music: Throughout the event, a remix of the iconic Lavender Town Music will also be played.
- Costumed Pokemon: Players will be encountering costumed Pokemon such as Halloween Mischief Pikachu, Halloween Mischief Piplup, and Halloween Mischief Drifblim. There is also a chance that players would encounter a Shiny costumed Pokemon.
- New Avatar Items, Stickers, and Bundles: Certain items will also be available in the in-game shop from the 14th of October.
- Halloween Face StickerHoopa Headband
- Pikachu Pumpkin Head
- Pumpkaboo Pants
- Pumpkaboo Top
In addition, a number of bundles will also be available at the shop.
- Creepy Crate (480 PokéCoins): 50 Poké Balls, one Remote Raid Pass, two Super Incubators, four Incense
- Boo Bundle (1,480 PokéCoins): 16 Premium Raid Passes, eight Super Incubators, four Incense, four Star Pieces
- Pumpkin Pack (1,480 PokéCoins): 18 Super Incubators, two Incubators, four Incense, four Star Pieces
- Event Bonuses:
- Transfer Candy (2x)
- Catch Candy (2x)
- Hatch Candy (2x)
- Guaranteed Candy XL when walking with your buddy.
PART I: Creepy Companions:
The first part of the event will begin on the 15th of October, 2021 at 10 AM and end on the 22nd of October at 10 AM in local time.
Psychic and Poison-type Pokemon will be featured in this part of the event, with Galarain Slowking, Hexpert Pokemon, and Shiny Spinarak making their debut in Pokemon Go. Galarian Slowpoke can be evolved into Galarian Slowking when it is kept as a buddy, and by catching 30 Psychic-type Pokemon. This can also be done after the event.
Season of Mischief Special Research Story: Misunderstood Mischief, the next part of the Special Research story will be unlocked at the start of the event.
|Gothita||Yamask||Halloween Mischief Piplup||Halloween Mischief Pikachu|
|Banette||Halloween Mischief Drifblim|
Five-Star and Mega Raids:
|Altered Forme Giratina||Mega Gengar|
Field Research Encounters
When players finish Field Research tasks, they will be able to encounter the following Pokemon:
|Zubat||Woobat||Halloween Mischief Pikachu|
|Drowzee||Gothita||Halloween Mischief Piplup|
|Spinarak||Galarian Yamask||Halloween Mischief Drifblim|
PART II: Ghoulish Pals
The first part of the event will begin on the 22nd of October, 2021 at 10 AM and end on the 31st of October at 8 PM in local time.
As Halloween approaches ever closer, more Ghost-type Pokemon will appear more often. Pumpkaboo and Phantump will be appearing in Pokemon Go for the first time ever, along with their evolutionary forms, which are Gourgeist and Trevenant respectively.
With the debut of Pumpkaboo and its evolutionary form, Gourgeist, a new size mechanic is being introduced to Pokemon Go. Pokemon will appear in small, average, large, and super sizes, starting with these two Pokemon. A new challenge in relation will also be available, where players will be required to collect Pumpkaboo of different sizes.
Season of Mischief Special Research Story: The next part of the story, Misunderstood Mischief will be unlocked. The Professor has a revealing, but scary, encounter with Phantump and Trevenant in the forest, reminding him that Hoopa is a Ghost-tye as well. This leads to more research on the spooky beings around.
|Phantump||Pumpkaboo||Halloween Mischief Piplup||Halloween Mischief Pikachu|
|Phantump||Pumpkaboo – Average Size|
|Halloween Mischief Drifblim||Alolan Marowak|
Five-Star and Mega Raids:
Field Research Encounters
|Shuppet||Halloween Mischief Pikachu|
|Duskull||Halloween Mischief Piplup|
The Pokemon Go Halloween 2021 event ends at 8 PM local time on the 31st of October, with the end of the Ghoulish Pals. Have fun, players!
If you have any questions regarding Pokemon Go, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!