Pokèmon Go finally debuts Shiny Wimpod and here’s how to get the newest Pokèmon!
Pokèmon GO x Pokèmon TCG
This brings more excitement to Pokèmon Go fans as it collaborates with Pokèmon TCG. This crossover collaboration starts on June 16, 2022, up until June 30, 2022. You may watch the teaser here!
Trainers may buy Pokèmon TCG: Pokèmon GO Expansion where Pokèmon GO-themed cards are available. The crossover event promotes Pikachu with a hat, Mewtwo with Shadow Ball or Psytrike, and a chance to face Shiny Meltan.
Of course, the debut of Wimpod! And you are all here to know how to get one.
How to Catch A Wimpod
Wimpod is a Bug/Water-type, and a Pokèmon known for being cowardly. In this case, trainers are advised to be careful and take care of this Pokèmon while battling so Wimpod won’t scarily fly away!
- Wimpod simply shows itself in the wild. So go out the wild and try to catch your Wimpod!
This is (probably) the easiest way to catch a Wimpod, though for sure searching for one would require a lot of effort. However, you can use items like an Incense or use the ‘Nearby’ function of Pokèmon Go.
- Wimpod can be caught through 1-star Raid Battle.
This is a more guaranteed way of catching a Wimpod, so you may start finding a 1-star Raid Battle! Just a little note, Wimpod is weak against Electric and Flying-type attacks. So if you have the right type, you can defeat the cowardly Pokèmon, Wimpod!
- Wimpod also appears as a new Field Research task encounter.
You can accomplish tasks to be able to face Wimpod (in the flesh, yes) in Pokèmon Go.
These are the Field Research Task rewards:
- 3 Razz Berries
- Ivysaur, Charmelon, OR Wartortle encounter
- Venusaur, Charizard, OR Blastoise encounter
- Snorlax, Dragonite, OR Slaking encounter
- Wimpod encounter
- Pikachu with TCG Hat encounter
- 5 Pokè Balls
Wimpod and Golisopod
- You need to have 400 candies to fully evolve your Wimpod. So make sure to complete your research tasks during the event.
- Currently, there are only 2 (Wimpod and Golisopod) in the Wimpod family. Golisopod is the same type of Wimpod, yet has a higher resistance to Fighting, Ground, Ice, Steel, and Water attacks.
Items In Catching
There are in-game items available in helping Trainers catch the Pokèmons. These are ready-to-buy item bundles that you will find helpful in your journey of catching Wimpod!
Also, here is more information on this crossover event of Pokémon Go and Pokémon TCG! Sadly, and we hate to break it to you, but as of this writing, Shiny Wimpod and Shiny Golisopod are unavailable in Pokèmon Go.
Catch ’em, Trainers!
If you have any questions regarding Pokémon Go, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!