Fighting against old and new Pokemon always becomes a bit harder than we expect, especially those strong ones. In order to win, you may have to know what their weaknesses are. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet offer some older and newest additions to the world of Pokemon, and we’re up for getting to know some of them. Let’s talk about Altaria, Donphan, and Oricorio’s weaknesses to make sure you can catch the W on your matches with them in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet!
If this Pokemon’s name rings familiar, you may have known Altaria since Generation 3. This Pokemon originally hails from the Hoenn Region, and now you can face it in the region of Paldea. Get to know one of the Humming Pokemon species!
- It is a fluffy dual-type creature, a Dragon- and Flying-type Pokemon. Honestly, when Altaria evolves from Swablu, that’s where things get a little too hectic. When its base form reaches level 35, it transforms to Altaria which poses quite a threat when battled against. We’ll have you know how Altaria does in battles below.
Since this Pokemon is a Dragon- and Flying-type, you can expect that it would *definitely* hurt Dragon, Fighting, Bug, and Grass-types Pokemon. Its same-type attack may damage its opponent effectively, so beware of that!
- Its Abilities include Natural Cure and a hidden Cloud Nine ability. Here are its base stats as well, just in case you want to imagine how big of a threat it would be when it’s trained.
- HP: 75
- Attack: 70
- Defense: 90
- Special Attack: 70
- Special Defense: 105
- Speed: 80
No matter how strong and unbeatable a Pokemon looks, you just have to find where it weakens. As for Pokemon Altaria, in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, it damages a lot against a few types as well.
- Ice-type gives out 4x damage to Altaria
- Dragon-, Fairy-, and Rock-types damages Altaria 2x
- It may look like that Ice-type should be the best type to battle against this Pokemon, however, take into consideration that Altaria has fire attacks that Ice Pokemon weakens a lot. We suggest you use Fairy- or Rock-type for this battle.
- Also, you can encounter this Pokemon (probably the hardest Altaria to beat) at the Glaseado Gym. Yep, a Gym Leader Battle against Grusha. A Pokemon who is a physical attacker would be best to battle against this Ice-tera type.
Donphan in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
If you know Altaria, pretty sure you know this next Pokemon too. Introduced way back in Generation 2, Donphan made its way to join Generation 9 in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Let’s take a look at the basic information about Donphan.
- This Generation 2 creature is a Ground-type Pokemon. It belongs to the Armor Pokemon species and belongs to a two-family evolution in Scarlet and Violet. This Elephant Pokemon evolves from Phanpy when it reaches level 25, and then let the battle roll!
With the species it belongs to, you can expect that Donphan has quite equal attack and defense stats. In Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, you may face the Paradox Pokemon counterpart of Donphan though.
- Moreover, it has a Sturdy Ability and a Sand Veil Hidden Ability, and when this Pokemon curls and rolls to its enemy, that’s difficult to stop. Its base stats are as follows:
- HP: 90
- Attack: 120
- Defense: 120
- Special Attack: 60
- Special Defense: 60
- Speed: 50
When you battle Pokemon Donphan, do know that it is vulnerable against Grass, Ice, and Water-types Pokemon. However, in Pokemon Scarlet, you can face the Great Tusk (Ground/Fighting type), while in Pokemon Violet, you encounter Iron Treads (Ground/Steel type).
- These Paradox Pokemon do not evolve from Donphan but are almost similar in their physical appearance. If you need its weakness list, then we got you here.
- Great Tusk: It weakens to Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Psychic, and Water-types.
- Iron Treads: This Donphan variant is weak against Fighting, Fire, Ground, and Water-types.
Lastly, we’ll get to know this Generation 7 creature, Pokemon Oricorio. It makes its return in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet still with its four styles: Baile, Pa’u, Pom-Pom, and Sensu.
- Baile Oricorio is a Fire- and Flying-type Pokemon, and even if it has multiple styles, its stats remain the same. It belongs to the Dancing Pokemon species and has no evolution family.
We’ll discuss all Oricorio styles here as each type still differs from one another. While all belong to the Flying type, they have different second types.
- Baile Oricorio: This Fire- and Flying-type is immune to Ground-type.
- Pa’u form: It is a Psychic- and Flying-type that is immune to Ground-type as well.
- Pom-Pom Oricorio: Another form that is immune to Ground-type and has a dual-type of Electric- and Flying type.
- Sensu form: This Oricorio form belongs to the Ghost- and Flying-type Pokemon and is immune to Fighting, Ground, and Normal-types.
- The base stats for the Oricorion forms are as follows:
- HP: 75
- Attack: 70
- Defense: 70
- Special Attack: 98
- Special Defense: 70
- Speed: 93
They may sound like one of the most threatening Pokemon, but you can still defeat them of course! The difference in their types affects where they are vulnerable too. So for the four forms of Oricorio, here are their weaknesses that you can take advantage of:
- Baile Oricorio: Rock-type damages Baile 4x, while Water and Electric deals 2x damage against this Oricorio form.
- Pa’u form: Moreover, Dark, Electric, Ghost, Ice, and Rock-types each deal 2x damage against Pa’u Style Oricorio.
- Pom-Pom Oricorio: The Pom-Pom form deals 2x damage from Ice and Rock-type abilities in the game. The hardest Pom-Pom form you may encounter would be Elite Four’s Larry’s. You can face it by the end of the Victory Path, so be ready!
- Sensu form: Lastly, the Sensu Oricorio is vulnerable to Dark, Electric, Ghost, Ice, and Rock-types which deal 2x damage.
Do you think you’re ready to beat Pokemon Altaria, Donphan, and Oricorio in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet? Well, gotta defeat ’em all, Trainers!
RELATED NEWS: Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet – How to evolve Gimmighoul?
You can also share any questions you have about Pokemon Altaria, Donphan, Oricorio, and Pokemon Scarlet and Violet below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!