Get your GrabPacks ready as MOB Games has just announced PROJECT: PLAYTIME, a multiplayer game based on their hit survival horror game called Poppy Playtime! If you’re wondering how multiplayer will work in a game that’s based on Poppy Playtime, then you’ve come to the right place. Here, we’ll explain how multiplayer works in PROJECT: PLAYTIME and answer one of the most important questions: is there couch co-op? Keep reading to find out more!
How does multiplayer work in PROJECT: PLAYTIME?
If you ended up here, we’re assuming you’ve already seen the intense gameplay trailer for PROJECT: PLAYTIME, right? Aside from the cinematic trailer that gave us the chills, a full gameplay trailer is also making its rounds on YouTube. Check it out for yourself!
Contrary to the original Poppy Playtime games, PROJECT: PLAYTIME is multiplayer-based. It will not be story-based as your main goal is to survive in the deadly Playtime Co. Toy Factory.
- PROJECT: PLAYTIME has seven players roaming around the deadly halls of Playtime Co. Toy Factory. Six of these players take on the role of the Survivors. You know, the ones who look like the human version of Among Us crewmates?
- The Survivors are also called the Resource Extraction Specialists. Their main goal is to retrieve giant toy parts from restricted areas in the Toy Factory. Sounds easy, right? We hate to be the bearer of bad news but nothing ever comes easy in life… especially if you’re part of a special unit whose mission is to create a giant toy while death lurks in every corner
- As for the seventh player, they only have one goal in mind: kill the Survivors. Players who are assigned this role in PROJECT: PLAYTIME can choose from three monsters: Huggy Wuggy, Mommy Long Legs, and a new toy called Boxy Boo!
Does the game support Couch Co-op?
Although PROJECT: PLAYTIME is a multiplayer title, there are no announcements from MOB GAMES that it will support Couch Co-op anytime soon. On the game’s Steam page, it appears that it will only be available for Online Co-Op.
- Similar to other games that have the same theme as PROJECT: PLAYTIME, you will need an Internet connection to play
- However, this may change once the game launches in Early Access. According to the game’s official Steam page and the trailer, Early Access is available starting on December 06, 2022. This means that it will only be a few weeks before we get to roam the creepy halls of Playtime Co. Toy Factory once more!
- If you’re interested in getting Early Access to the game, check out their Steam page here! More details about PROJECT: PLAYTIME can also be found on Steam, including the actual gameplay mechanics
For other Poppy Playtime news, join the official Discord server to know more about the status of Chapter 3 and PROJECT: PLAYTIME.
How excited are you for PROJECT: PLAYTIME? We would love to hear from you in the comments below! Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.