The best things in life are free and that applies to PS5 games, as well. There is a wide range of free-to-play video games to choose from for the Sony PlayStation 5 console. Genres are plentiful and there is no compromise in quality for the sake of its cost. Here is a curated list of exciting free games to play on the Sony PS5 that don’t cost a single cent of your money.
5. Fortnite Battle Royale
Epic Games’ Fortnite reinvented the battle royale format by combining building with traditional third-person combat. The concept revolves around 100 players skydiving onto an island, scavenging for gear to protect themselves from other players.
- Fortnite Battle Royale started as a companion game to Fortnite: Save the World but went on to eclipse it exponentially. The free-to-play game is now a massive cultural phenomenon with references creeping into music, movies, and social media.
4. Genshin Impact
Genshin Impact is an action RPG, set in an anime-style environment. The open world is vast and immersive, alongside some fantastic combat mechanics.
- Much like Fortnite, Genshin Impact is a free-to-play game that monetizes through characters and weapons.
- It was initially released as a mobile game for Android and iOS and later made its way to Sony PS5 as a free-to-play game in 2021.
3. Rocket League
Do you like playing soccer? Do you like playing car-based video games? Then, you must be totally up for playing soccer, but with rocket-powered cars as the players. Rocket League’s gameplay is just as quirky as it sounds.
- The game became an unprecedented hit since its release in 2015 and went free-to-play in 2020 across all platforms including the Sony PlayStation 5.
2. Call of Duty Warzone 2.0
Warzone is the battle royale variant of the legendary Call of Duty franchise. The sequel to the original 2020 game is free-to-play on the Sony PS5.
- Warzone 2.0 was officially unveiled by Activision at the Call of Duty Next event in September 2022. The game’s new DMZ extraction mode is a refreshing addition and the vast Al Mazrah map is truly worth exploring.
1. Astro’s Playroom
Astro’s Playroom stands out from the rest of the list as it’s already installed in every new Sony PlayStation 5 console.
- The free-to-play game makes complete use of Sony’s PS5 DualSense Controller’s haptics. The game is a nostalgia machine for PlayStation fans thanks to its cameos and references to Uncharted and God of War.
All the games in this list are practically essential if you own a Sony PlayStation 5. Money cannot be an excuse for you to not try them out as they are all free to play.
You can also share any questions you have about free-to-play Sony PS5 games. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.