Using a Fire Arrow in The Legend of Zelda never gets old, and it appears this arrow type is coming back in the Tears of the Kingdom. Many players prefer setting their arrows on fire to start fires, deal damage to enemies, and just let their inner pyromaniac loose. If you’ve picked up The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom over the weekend, you may be wondering how to use and get a Fire Arrow in the game. Check out our quick guide on how to get this arrow type and how to use them effectively.
How to get Fire Arrow in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Unlike in Breath of the Wild, crafting it yourself is the only way to get the Fire Arrow in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. You only need three things to make this happen: arrows, the Fuse ability, and Fire Fruit. You must ensure that Rauru has already granted Link the Fuse ability. This ability is handy when you want to create all kinds of weapons.
- To obtain the Fuse ability, players should first clear the trials of the In-Isa Shrine. If you haven’t completed this Shrine yet, check out our guide here.
- Once you pass the trials, you will receive the Light of Blessing and the Fuse ability.
- During the Trial, players also learn how to craft the Fire Arrow themselves. There will be a Fire Fruit tree inside the Shrine. Players can then Fuse this fruit to their arrows to set them on fire.
How to combine Fire Fruit with Arrow
When you have the Fuse ability, equip Link with the bow of your choice. Then, press the Up button on your D-Pad. Look for the Fire Fruit in your Materials tab using your right joystick. Once you find it, all you have to do is let go of the joystick, and ta-da! You now have Fire Arrows in your inventory.
- Another way to have a Fire Arrow is by Link equipping his bow and going near a source of fire.
- Some sources of fire in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom are campfires or a cooking pot.
- Then, start drawing your bow. Go near the fire, but be careful not to set Link on fire in the process! If Link catches fire, his hearts gradually decrease until the fire is out. This is another quick way to get a Fire Arrow in Tears of the Kingdom.
- However, this isn’t advised at all times since you will always need to look for a source of fire this way. We still highly recommend gathering Fire Fruit and using the Fuse ability to combine the two together.
You won’t have difficulty finding Fire Fruits, as they are seen either hanging from a tree or scattered across Hyrule. When clearing the In-Isa Shrine, Link can also obtain a good amount of this fruit from the trees inside the trial.
Best uses for Fire Arrow in Tears of the Kingdom
Two of the best uses for Fire Arrow in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom are damaging enemies and creating updrafts for Link to glide on.
- If you set an enemy on fire with an arrow, they receive the initial damage from the arrow itself and continuous damage because of the fire. This is especially helpful in enemy fights when you need a quick way to deal with mobs.
- As for using Fire Arrows to create updrafts, you only need to fire an arrow on some grass.
This is funny as hell to me
Redfall at 4k 30fps *how dare this feels like a game in 2010 *50* metacritic
Zelda – 720p can barely hold 30fps
OMG ITS BEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD *9700* metacritic pic.twitter.com/HodgJFY6rb
— Morti (@mortivoree) May 11, 2023
- Players can also opt to throw the Fire Fruit directly onto the grass. It will immediately catch fire, and Link can jump, equip his glider, and quickly boost into the air.
- With this method, you can cast a downward smash attack on your enemies. Attacks like this one deal extra damage, so time your updrafts wisely!
We hope this guide helped you discover how to get Fire Arrows in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. If you have any other questions about Nintendo’s latest release, feel free to leave them in the comments below! For more content, stay with us here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!