The Yamiyo Shrine in Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is an iconic shrine of the 152 shrines in the game. The Shrines hold mini-dungeons with puzzles, offering a Treasure Chest and Light of Blessing. The Yamiyo Shrine is located in the Central Hyrule region of the ToTK map. In this guide, I have mainly put an emphasis on the Yamiyo Shrine. I have included instructions on successfully finishing the “Combat Training: Throwing” trial. Upon completion, you can obtain a chest and acquire the Light of Blessing.
Exploring the Mysteries of Yamiyo Shrine in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Where to find Yamiyo Shrine
The Yamiyo Shrine is located within the Romani Plains, situated in Central Hyrule. It can be found to the east of Hyrule Castle Town Ruins and northeast of Lookout Landing.
This shrine might feel a bit different from the others you may have done up until now. Instead of being a puzzle-oriented shrine, this one also focuses on combat. I mean, it’s still sort of a puzzle, though. Let’s find out more about this shrine.
How to solve the puzzle in Yamiyo Shrine
- Upon entering the shrine, a text will greet you (which is, by the way, pretty self-explanatory), saying:
“The Shrine purifies the ancient evil.
You who have entered here, heed my instruction.”
- On both sides of the room, you can find Fire Fruit Trees here. Harvest them in order to proceed further into the Yamiyo Shrine.
- Hold down the “R” button and press “Up” on the D-Pad to select it.
- Now, simply throw the fire fruit at the Construct (as shown above) to ignite it.
Yamiyo Shrine | Treasure and Rewards
- Congratulations, fruit-flinging champion! Upon defeating the Construct, you will be prompted with another message that will read:
“You have proven your mastery. Now
proceed to the innermost chamber”
- Proceed to the chamber ahead of you and open the chest. It will contain 3x Bomb Flowers that you can use as throwables in combat.
- Interact with the Shrine to complete it and claim your Light of Blessing.
- For every 4 Light of Blessings you obtain after completing Shrines, you can offer them to a Goddess Statue. Here, Link can increase either his Hearts or Stamina Wheel. These upgrades will be essential as you embark on a journey to save Hyrule.
There are many Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, with many interesting puzzles and exciting rewards. If you have trouble finding its locations, the ToTK interactive map is always there. Be sure to explore the beautiful world of Hyrule and complete each of the 152 shrines. They are truly worth it. Best of luck on your journey to protect Hyrule once again.
Make sure you share and subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!