Steam is hosting another sale that will surely get your blood pumping. The Steam Survival Fest sale this 2022 is happening now and there are some crazy deals you shouldn’t miss out on. Here are the top 10 games to buy at the Steam Survival Fest sale.
For those who want to try their hand at survival games, you should check out this Steam sale. A handful of famous survival games are on sale and much like other Steam sales, they have games listed at steal prices. So without further ado, here are the top 10 games you should add to your Steam cart now.
The Steam Survival Fest sale is happening from August 1 to August 8
If you’ve looked through the options and can’t decide which game to get, don’t worry as this Steam sale lasts until August 8, Monday. The Steam Survival Fest sale is meant to introduce you to some great survival games like ARK: Survival Evolved or Rust.
So if you’re looking to step out of your comfort zone and try your hand at games that test your survival skills, there’s definitely something for you at the Steam Survival Fest sale.
Below is a list of games we highly recommend you to check out. We’ll also provide a brief overview of the game. Some have horror aspects to them while some are focused mainly on surviving.
The list below is in no particular order:
- ARK: Survival Evolved
- The Forest
- Don’t Starve Together
- Project Zomboid
- State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition
- Hunt: Showdown
Top 10 discounted games you should check out right now
- Rust has been around for a few years now but the player base is still growing strong with each day. In this game, you’ll learn that trusting no one but yourself is the key to surviving on the island.
- Furthermore, the entire island poses a threat to you as you fight to survive the day in and day out.
- Though there are other survivors on the island, it’s a dog-eat-dog world out there.
- If someone tries to form an alliance, you go into it with reservations and the thought that one day, your ally might betray you.
- Rust is a multiplayer-only survival game where you have to do whatever it takes to survive on an island with other survivors as well as wildlife.
- It’s the perfect game for anyone who’s up for a challenge.
You can save 50% on Rust during the Steam Survival Fest sale. It is available for only $19.99 USD.
ARK: Survival Evolved
- Another survival game which has you fighting against other players for survival is ARK: Survival Evolved. But if you’re looking for pre-historic monsters like dinosaurs, then ARK: Survival Evolved is the game for you.
- Released in 2017, a lot of gamers still play this game because of how rich in content it is.
- Another neat feature of ARK: Survival Evolved is the ability for players to tame wild animals like dinosaurs. Then, you can use that to go head to head with other hostile players and steal their loot so you can survive another day.
- But other than that, you can also fight against fantasy creatures in ARK: Survival Evolved.
- ARK: Survival Evolved is on sale for $9.89 USD at the Steam Survival Fest. From its original price of $29.99 USD, this one is a steal as you get to save 67% on this title.
- Not in the mood to fight off against other players? Then you may want to check out The Forest and see if it’s to your liking. The only catch is this is a survival horror game. And by horror, we mean a bunch of cannibals will be tracking you down as you try and stay alive in the forest.
- And if you want to kick your horror experience with The Forest, the game also has support for VR.
- On the other hand, you can also play this game with your friends. But the downside to that is more cannibals will be spawning and chasing after you and your party. This means that you and your friend will have to stick together in order to survive.
- Nonetheless, The Forest is a great open-world survival game.
- Plus, it’s at a steal price at the Steam Survival Fest sale. From $19.99 USD, The Forest is on sale for $4.99 USD. You save 75% of your money if you get this game now.
Don’t Starve Together
- For those who have already played Don’t Starve, there’s no denying that the game gets lonely at times. So what’s the solution to that? A multiplayer expansion, of course! Don’t Starve Together is the multiplayer version of Don’t Starve.
- Here, you can team up with a friend as you navigate your way around the dark and try your best to survive each day.
- There really isn’t an end goal in Don’t Starve Together. What you need to do is quite literally prevent your characters from starving while fighting off monsters and lighting up the dark world you’ve found yourselves in.
- This is one of the best deals at the Steam Survival Fest sale. If you buy the game now, you’ll get a free copy of it so you can share it with your friends. Neat, right?
- From $14.99 USD, Don’t Starve Together is available on Steam right now for only $5.09 USD. You save 66% on the game and you get a free copy to share with a friend!
- Ever wonder what it’s like to oversee beavers as they rebuild their city? Well, you can have a first-hand experience of helping beavers in Timberborn, a city-building game that has you managing beavers instead of humans.
- According to the game’s official description, humans are long gone in Timberborn. So with the advancement of wildlife, beavers now have the ability to build a city from scratch while experiencing natural phenomena like droughts or heavy rains.
- If you’ve played other city-building games like Frostpunk or Surviving Mars, Timberborn is similar to these titles.
- At the moment, the game is still in Early Access but the reviews are very positive for this title. Furthermore, we can expect more content to come to the game once it exits its Early Access status.
- Timberborn is available for $19.99 USD during the Steam Survival Fest sale.
- Project Zomboid is a game that’s been out for nearly a decade now. Nonetheless, we still suggest you check it out since it’s an interesting zombie survival game. Moreover, it lets you play alone or with other players.
- And although it’s still in its Early Access stage, the player base for Project Zomboid is still going strong.
- The game is a sandbox zombie survival game and if you have friends over, you can even play its split-screen co-op with up to four players.
- There is also the option for online multiplayer survival with various servers hosted by other players like you.
- The game is at 30% off during the Steam Survival Fest sale. You can get it for only $13.99 USD until August 8.
State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition
- Another zombie survival game making it to the list is State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition. Similar to Project Zomboid, you team up with survivors in order to fight off the hordes of zombies that want to eat your brains out.
- Furthermore, the game also features a 10-hour long campaign mode which is perfect for players who want to familiarize themselves with the game first before hopping onto the online co-op aspect of State of Decay 2.
- But if you just want to blow some steam off by wiping out zombies, there’s also the “Siege Defense” mode where you can team up with three other players to slaughter some zombies.
- State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition is a title you shouldn’t pass on since it’s one of the best zombie open-world survival games we’ve had the chance to try out so far.
- You can get the game during the Steam Survival Fest sale for only $10.19 USD, saving you 66% of its regular price of $29.99 USD.
- Want to take a break from zombie survival games? Maybe you want to check out Subnautica, a game that takes place underwater. But don’t be fooled by the game’s vibrant colors; with most of the ocean unexplored, chances are we don’t know all the dangers that are lurking underwater.
- Subnautica is a fresh take on survival games since most of the resource-gathering you do takes place underwater.
- You can also create submarines to help on your adventures as you fight to survive.
- The game supports VR so if you have an Oculus or other VR devices, you may want to consider trying out Subnautica and immersing yourself in its beautiful visuals.
- Subnautica is available for half its regular price during the Steam Survival Fest sale. Save 50% on Subnautica and get it for only $14.99 USD until August 8.
- This title isn’t exactly a zombie survival game but it’s close. Set in 1895, you are a Hunter in the Louisiana Bayou and your goal is to eliminate the monsters that are located within the area.
- Although the task sounds simple enough, there will be other Hunters with you who will fight you with no hesitations as they try and get any bounty you have collected.
- Similar to other survival games, death means losing all the gear you’ve collected so far as you try and be the best Hunter. With threats coming from all sides, you can only rely on yourself to survive the gruesome and competitive Louisiana Bayou.
- You can also team up with other Hunters if you feel like you can trust them. But of course, be on your guard as your allies can betray you at any time – especially if you have a sizable bounty on your hands.
- Hunt: Showdown is on sale for 50% off its regular price of $39.99 USD. During the Steam Survival Fest sale which runs until August 8, you can get this game for only $19.99 USD.
- And for the final game, you should buy it during the Steam Survival Fest sale, another open-world zombie game where you have the choice to team up or fight against other players for survival!
- DayZ is one of the highly recommended zombie survival games out there simply because of its vast map where you can do tons of things for survival and even role-playing.
- Furthermore, we think it’s one of the best RPG zombie games to be released in the past decade. There are no objectives you need to follow in DayZ.
- Your ultimate goal is to survive against hordes of zombies and players who may possibly turn out to be hostile.
- In DayZ, the world is your oyster, so to speak. It’s a great game if you want to immerse yourself in a realistic survival game set during a zombie apocalypse.
- Another great thing about DayZ is the fact that it still gets updates nearly four years after its initial release. Since then, it’s gotten mostly positive reviews on Steam from satisfied players.
- So if you’re looking for a zombie survival game with no other gimmicks aside from zombies and other players, then DayZ is the game for you.
- During the Steam Survival Fest sale, DayZ is available for purchase at only $26.99 USD. After August 8, its regular price is $44.99 USD. So if you want to get the game at 40% off, head over to Steam now and get it while the sale is still ongoing.
Steam Survival Fest sale ends on August 8, 10 AM PT
Remember to check out the sale before it ends on August 8. There are tons of games to choose from and we’re sure you’ll find a few good deals that fit your gaming preferences.
We hope this list helped you in deciding which game to get from Steam during this month’s special sale. Let us know your thoughts if you’ve already played the games we’ve listed above. Or if you want to recommend other titles that you think are worth getting during the sale, feel free to share them in the comments down below.
If you have other questions about Steam or survival games in general, leave them in the comments and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.