The K-pop industry has seen a meteoric rise in recent years, with global stars like BTS, BLACKPINK, and TWICE leading the charge. But behind the glitz and glamour of the stage, there’s a vast network of businesses and investments that fuel the success of these idols. And in 2023, it’s worth taking a closer look at the top 5 richest male K-pop idols.
This list isn’t just based on their success as idols, but on their overall net worth, which includes investments, real estate, and other sources of income. From Rain, the legendary solo artist, to JYP, the founder of one of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea, these male idols have built massive empires beyond their music careers. So let’s dive into their net worth and see just how much these K-pop icons are worth in 2023.
1) Park Jinyoung (J.Y. Park)
Park Jinyoung’s success as a musician, producer, and businessman is truly impressive. He has been in the industry for decades and has continued to make waves in different areas. JYP Entertainment, the company he founded, is now one of the biggest entertainment companies in South Korea and has produced some of the biggest K-pop acts in history. Not only that, but Park Jinyoung himself continues to produce and release music that fans eagerly anticipate.
- Aside from his music and business ventures, Park Jinyoung is also known for his philanthropy. He has donated to various causes, including disaster relief and education. His generosity has earned him praise from fans and the public alike. With all his success and contributions, it’s no wonder that he is the richest male K-pop idol in 2023.
Estimated Net Worth: ~$250 million
OTHER NEWS: Top 5 Best Male Dancers in K-pop: Who takes the Crown? – Ranked
2) Kim Jaejoong (TVXQ & JYJ Jaejoong)
While the K-pop industry may seem to be dominated by younger idols, there are still many veteran idols who have made a significant impact and remain relevant in the scene. Kim Jaejoong, a former member of TVXQ and JYJ, is one such idol. Known for his powerful vocals and stunning visuals, Jaejoong has made a name for himself not just as a singer, but also as an actor, with notable roles in dramas such as “Protect the Boss” and “Triangle”.
- Despite taking a hiatus from music to focus on his acting career, Jaejoong’s comeback in 2020 with the release of new tracks proved that he still has a loyal fan base. In addition to his music and acting career, Jaejoong is also a successful businessman, having invested in the real estate industry. With his talent and businesses, it’s no wonder that he ranks high on the list of the richest male K-pop idols in 2023.
Estimated Net Worth: ~$100 million
OTHER NEWS: Top 5 Best Female Dancers in K-pop: Who’s the dancing queen? – Ranked
3) Park Jaesang (PSY)
By hearing ‘Oppa Gangnam Style’, you already know who we’re talking about. Taking the third richest male K-pop idol is none other than soloist PSY. He’s undeniably one of the most iconic figures in the K-pop industry. He is known not only for his catchy tunes but also for his energetic and entertaining performances that always leave the audience wanting more. His signature horse-riding dance move from “Gangnam Style” became a worldwide sensation and even sparked a new dance craze.
- PSY’s success in the industry has earned him a massive following, and his music continues to captivate fans both in Korea and around the world. At this time, PSY has been actively producing, and doing some concert tours on the side. His recent album release, PSY 9th, featured BTS Suga in the ‘That That’ track.
Estimated Net Worth: ~$65 million
OTHER NEWS: Who’s the Tallest Male K-pop Idol? – Ranked (2023 Version)
4) Kwon Jiyong (G-DRAGON)
G-Dragon is a true multi-hyphenate, excelling not only in rap but also in fashion and business. As a member of the renowned K-pop group Big Bang, G-Dragon has left an indelible mark on the music industry, writing and composing many of their biggest hits. He has even released his solo album, Heartbreaker, and collaborated with T.O.P. for the album GD & TOP. With over 180 songs copyrighted under his name, G-Dragon is undoubtedly one of the most prolific songwriters in the Korean music scene.
- It’s no surprise that G-Dragon’s talent has translated into impressive financial success. He also continues to write and produce music for both himself and other artists, cementing his status as a true industry powerhouse. With his music, fashion sense, and entrepreneurial spirit, G-Dragon has truly become a legend in the K-pop industry (and one of the richest too!)
Estimated Net Worth: ~$60 million
OTHER NEWS: Top 10 Most Handsome K-Pop Idol 2023 – Ranked
5) Jung Jihoon (RAIN)
Meet Rain, a multi-talented artist who has made his mark in the entertainment industry as a singer, songwriter, dancer, music producer, actor, fashion model, and entrepreneur. With his first solo album in 2002 and a breakthrough performance on a Korean show, Rain captured the hearts of audiences around the world and never looked back. His career has since blossomed, boasting seven successful albums, major world tours, and roles in both Korean and American films, including the action-packed “Ninja Assassin.”
- In 2015, he founded his own company, RAIN COMPANY, which has become a force to be reckoned with in the entertainment industry. Rain has also expanded his portfolio as an actor and fashion model and has worked with various global brands. Rain is truly a jack of all trades, and his impact on the entertainment world is nothing short of remarkable.
Estimated Net Worth: ~$60 million
OTHER NEWS: New K-pop Releases: April 2023 Comebacks you shouldn’t miss [UPDATED]
Do you think this list would change soon with the emergence of new and bigger K-pop artists? Well, we can only stay updated for now. For now, check out other ranked lists we have here in Spiel Times!
If you have any questions or missed updates on K-pop, you can share them with us in the comments below. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.
Make sure you share, subscribe to our push notifications, and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!