In this article, we will discuss All Possible Fixes for Valorant Lag Issues. Valorant has been out for a while, however, many players are still suffering lag spikes while refreshing kill records. Don’t worry if you’re getting excessive ping in Valorant. Here are some helpful tips for resolving or at least mitigating this issue.
Valorant: How to Fix Lag
FPS – frames per second is a crucial metric that aids in the detection of opponents and increases the likelihood of hitting a target or a headshot. FPS dips might cause “lag” in the game. Even when the lag is caused by something else entirely.
I'm getting severe fps lag in my valorant games. It skips to the point where its unplayable. This just started happening. Is this common?
— mOE (@m0E_tv) July 14, 2020
- IMPORTANT NOTE:
- To apply the most effective method, you must first determine whether the game’s lag or FPS drops are to blame.
To avoid Valorant slowdown or fps decreases, follow these steps:
FIX #1: RESET YOUR NETWORK
Whether you’re on WiFi or Ethernet, restarting your network is one of the simplest and fastest ways to solve a network problem. It will free up RAM on your router and renew your IP address, potentially resolving your high ping problem. This is how you do it:
- Unplug your router as well as your modem.
- After 60 seconds, reconnect them. Check that the indicator lights have returned to their original state.
- Start Valorant and see if your issue disappears.
FIX #2: CHECK SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Check your PC or Laptop if you meet the minimum system requirements. The recommended system requirements are as follows:
- CPU: Core i5-4460
OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
Video Card: GTX 1050 Ti
Pixel Shaders: 5.1
Vertex Shader: 5.1
Video RAM: 4096 MB
- Valorant is an FPS game that doesn’t require a lot of hardware. FPS increases as spec increases.
FIX #3: RESTART VALORANT
To enhance Valorant’s performance, sometimes the fix is as simple as restarting the game and the system. Restarting the game might refresh the system and give the hardware a rest. The temperature and RAM memory utilized in the Valorant game has a significant impact; the higher the temperature or the number of resources used, the more likely the game will lag.
FIX #4: UPDATE YOUR WINDOWS
For Windows 10, there are two sorts of update packages: quality updates and version upgrades. Bug fixes are included in the former, while new features and performance improvements are included in the latter. System updates may be a viable solution to your high-ping problem.
FIX #5: DISABLE VALORANT FULL-SCREEN OPTIMIZATION
- D: program files/riot/valorant/live/valorant.exe
- Click properties after right-clicking valorant.exe.
- Select “disable fullscreen optimizations” from the compatibility tab.
- To return to fullscreen mode, open the Valorant application and double-PRESS F11.
FIX #6: ADJUST VALORANT FPS VIDEO SETTINGS
- Click Settings on the Valorant main page.
- Select the Video option.
- Change the value of Max FPS Always.
- Close the window and try again.
FIX #7: CHECK IF ALL CPU CORES ARE ACTIVATED
- Open the Valorant application, then use the Alt + Esc keys to dismiss the game.
- Right-click the Windows Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Select “More Details” > “Processes”
- Right-click Valorant and select “Go to Details” from the menu.
- Select “Set Affinity” from the context menu of “VALORANT-WIN64-Shipping.exe.”
- A pop-up will display after that, indicating which CPU in Valorant is active. If everything is tested, this is not the reason for the lag or fps drops. If only a few items are ticked, select the “” box and click OK.
WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS RE-INSTALL VALORANT. PLAYERS CLAIM THIS WORKS FOR THEM.
If you have any questions regarding Valorant, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!