The Kiuyoyou Shrine in Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, just like any other shrine, holds mini-dungeons with puzzles, offering a Treasure Chest and Light of Blessing. The Kiuyoyou Shrine is located in the Rowan Plains of the ToTK map. This guide includes instructions on successfully solving the Kiuyoyou shrine’s puzzles and acquiring its rewards. Same with the other shrines in the game, Link receives the Light of Blessing at the end.
Exploring the Mysteries of Kiuyoyou Shrine in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Where to find Kiuyoyou Shrine
The Kiuyoyou Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom is located to the North-west of Central Hyrule within the Rowan Plains. The exact coordinates of the shrine (which you can spot on the bottom right corner of the map) are -1106, 2090, 0104.
About the Kiuyoyou Shrine
In Zelda: TotK, Kiuyoyou Shrine shows how different elements in Tears of the Kingdom, such as fire and ice, interact. For example, fire can make the ice melt. It’s an interesting shrine where you see an ice cube you need to play with.
You must also use your Ultrahand ability and do weird things to complete the shrine’s puzzles. Let’s take a look at how to solve the Kiyuyou Shrine in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
How to solve the puzzle in Kiuyoyou Shrine
Dealing with the flames and the large block of ice
- When you go inside Kiuyoyou Shrine, you will notice flames shooting out on your right. There is a huge block of ice on your left, and a button is located a bit further on the left side under a pillar.
- You will need to apply pressure on that button with the block of ice to proceed. The issue is that the ice block is too large to fit onto the button.
- Use your Ultrahand ability to pick up the block of ice and take it to the flames.
- Move the ice block back and forth in the flames to make it melt a little. This will make the block shrink a bit, allowing you to put it under the pillar on the button on your left.
Blocking the flames with the stone panel
- Proceed down the path (that just opened), and you will see a ramp. Make sure you have enough stamina, jump off to use your paraglider, and make it to the other side of the chamber.
- You will notice flames shooting on your left again, melting the blocks of ice falling near it.
- Use your Ultrahand ability again to lift the stone panel (leaning against the wall) and block the flames from melting the ice blocks.
- Using Ultrahand, place the stone panel on top of the ice. Then, place the ice on the sloped platform covered with spikes.
Climbing on the block and finding the hidden chest
- Paraglide down to where you came from.
- Put the block of ice beside the wall with the opening in between. Place the stone panel on top again (as shown in the picture below). Climb onto the block.
- Open the chest to find a Zonaite spear.
Collecting the Light of Blessing
- Carry the entire setup over to the fire jets you previously used (in Step 1) and place it on the button being hit by flames. The block of ice will apply pressure on the button to open a door.
- Go inside, collect the Light of Blessing, and exit the shrine.
- For every 4 Light of Blessings you obtain after completing Shrines, you can offer them to a Goddess Statue. Here, Link can increase either his Hearts or Stamina Wheel. These upgrades will be essential as you embark on a journey to save Hyrule.
Well, that’s how you complete Zelda’s Kiuyoyou Shrine. There are many Shrines in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, with many interesting puzzles and exciting rewards. Make sure to check out the Yamiyo Shrine guide too. Explore the beautiful world of Hyrule and complete each of the 152 shrines. They are truly worth it. Best of luck on your journey to protect Hyrule once again.
For more content, stay with us here at Spiel Times. Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update. You can also follow us on Spiel Anime, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Until next time!