Honkai: Star Rail is adding yet another character to their game, Jing Yuan. This guide will help you with everything you need to know about Jing Yuan in Honkai: Star Rail 1.0, from his best build, team composition, relics, light cones, kit, and more.
Who is Jing Yuan in Honkai: Star Rail?
He is a 5* character coming to Honkai: Star Rail. Jing Yuan is a character with a high DPS specializing in hitting many targets simultaneously. This makes him a good choice in boss battles, especially when going up against foes that are vulnerable to his element.
I advise using a high crit rate build for him to maximize his DMG output. Jing Yuan is an all-around DPS character because of his excessive DMG, crowd management prowess, and utility from his kit. Below you will find all the basic information about Jing Yuan’s kit.
Jing Yuan’s Kit
- Normal Attack: Glistening Light: Jing Yuan deals a percentage damage of his total ATK DMG to the enemy, depending on his level. (Single Target)
- Skill: Rifting Zenith: Boosts Lightning-Lord’s Hits Per Action by 2 for the following round while dealing all opponents Lightning DMG equal to 50% of Jing Yuan’s ATK. (multiple targets)
JING YUAN FARMING GUIDE — A THREAD
resource-friendly tips, locations and unlock requirements included 🤍 pic.twitter.com/8rEumvVqWb
— hourly jing yuan (@jingyuanhourly) May 14, 2023
- Talent: Prana Extirpated: Summons Lightning Lord at the conflict’s outset. Lightning Lord has three base Hits Per Action and 60 base SPD.
- When the Lightning-Lord attacks, its hits are counted as follow-up attacks, hitting opponents nearby with Lightning DMG equal to 25% of the DMG delivered to the target enemy and giving Lightning DMG to the target enemy at a rate of 33% of Jing Yuan’s ATK.
- The Lightning-Lord may have a maximum of 10 hits for each action. Lightning-Lord’s SPD rises by ten each time Hits Per Action rises by 1. When the action is finished, the SPD and Hits Per Action of the Lightning-Lord revert to their initial levels.
STRAIGHT OUT OF A SHONEN ANIME pic.twitter.com/VaSEBrrgFq
— hourly jing yuan (@jingyuanhourly) May 13, 2023
- Ultimate: Lightbringer: Deals Lightning Damage based on Jing Yuan’s ATK to all enemies and increases Lightning-Lord’s Hits Per Action by 3 for the next turn.
- Technique: Spirit Invocation: The Lightning-Lord gains three more hits for each action on the first turn of the next fight after using Technique.
Best Jing Yuan Build
Below is the best build we recommend for Jing Yuan after thoroughly researching his abilities.
- Jing Yuan Best Light Cone: 5-Star Before Dawn.
- Jing Yuan Best Relics: 4-Piece Band of Sizzling Thunder and 2-Piece Celestial Differentiator
- Jing Yuan Best team comp: Bronya, Bailu, and Tingyun.
Let’s dive in further to disintegrate why this is the best build for him.
Best Team Composition for Jing Yuan
Jing Yuan is a high DPS character. His damage output is so high that you wouldn’t ideally require any other main damage source in the team. Therefore, we believe he is best paired with three supports, Bronya, Bailu, and Tingyun. All these three supports are highly ranked on our list and have great utility and healing.
- Bailu: The most potent supporting character in Honkai: Star Rail is Bailu. She is a 5* character, so getting her might be challenging.
- She is the game’s best healer, making her one of the main characters in any boss battles. Multiple allies can receive healing from Bailu, not to mention her passive ability, which may be helpful if you lose your DPS early in a fight and can restore a fallen teammate once.
- Bronya: She can remove all debuffs and give you an extra move. Bronya can raise the team’s overall ATK and Crit DMG if it is still insufficient.
- We would advise having her on the team if you can draw her, as Jing Yuan benefits from both high ATK and Crit DMG.
- Tingyun: She is a 4* support, but the perfect team composition may make her as effective as a 5* character.
- She works best when teamed with a high DPS character like Jing Yuan since she can increase the damage of his attacks.
- Her ultimate also replenishes an ally’s energy, allowing you to strike your opponent twice with Jing Yuan’s high DMG output.
Best Relic set for Jing Yuan
Using a 4-set Band of Sizzling Thunder increases his overall ATK DMG. In addition, using a 2-set Celestial Differentiator increases the overall Crit Rate and Crit DMG.
- Jing Yuan can exploit the damage output from both sets to be an effective unit on the battlefield.
- Also, if you can proc these relics with Bronya, you might see some overpowered damage output.
Recommended Light Cones For Jing Yuan
Jing Yuan excessively benefits with an increase in his Crit DMG, and having a 5-star Before Dawn Light Cone can exponentially increase your chances of winning a battle if you can keep Jing Yuan alive.
If you cannot land your hands on this premium Light Cone, we suggest using the 4* Light Cone called The Seriousness of Breakfast. This 4-star Light Cone will increase his ATK DMG.
THIS JING YUAN COSPLAY LAWDDD @/hirotaka542 on tt 😭 pic.twitter.com/0snkiqrJzc
— ✶ (@fuhoam) May 9, 2023
Have you played this game yet? Will you try to pull for Jing Yuan? If you have any questions regarding the best build for Jing Yuan, his Relics, Light Cones, team composition, kit, and more, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. Also, you can follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!