The publisher behind Guild Wars 2 (GW2) has previously announced a new massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) titled Throne and Liberty. Many GW2 players hope that NCSoft’s upcoming title will be the “new” Guild Wars 2. You may be wondering, though, what the expected release date for Throne and Liberty is. Let’s break it down, shall we?
Throne and Liberty Possible Release Date
- Between April – June 2023
NCSoft has not announced a firm release date for Throne and Liberty, but the game is rumored to be out somewhere in the first half of 2023. As it’s already nearing the end of March (at the time of writing), the obvious possible release date is between April-June 2023. Let’s hope for no delays! 🙏
EDIT: My guess is that Throne and Liberty will come out in the second half of 2023. Of course, that’s taking into account possible delays.
Throne and Liberty FAQs
Will Thrones and Liberty be cross-platform?
Yes! In February 2023, it was revealed that the PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S versions of a game developed in partnership by NCSoft (South Korea) and Amazon Games (US) will be made available.
Will Thrones and Liberty be available on mobile?
TL’s Camp captain, Choi Moon Young, revealed that Throne and Liberty will also be available for streaming play on mobile.
Will Throne and Liberty have a global release?
|Japan||North America||South America||Europe|
Will Throne and Liberty be free-to-play?
It’s safe to assume that players will have to buy the game.
Will Throne and Liberty be pay-to-win?
The good thing about games like GW2 though, is that it’s not pay-to-win. Coming from the same publisher, it’s possible that Throne and Liberty will also use a balanced in-game economy where players can obtain all the game’s perks without paying actual cash.
What is NCSoft known for?
- NCSoft, based in South Korea, has been in the video game industry since March 1997. The corporation has its main office in Seoul, South Korea, as well as branches in other countries like the USA, Japan, China, and Taiwan.
- NCSoft’s most well-known games are their MMORPGs, which include such hits as Lineage, Guild Wars, Aion, and Blade & Soul. The company has also created and released first-person shooters and mobile games, among others.
This company is also a major player on a global scale. The firm’s video games have been honored with an array of awards, and the company itself gained a sizable and devoted following.
The mastermind behind Guild Wars and Lineage
The development of Guild Wars began in 1998, shortly after the founding of NCSoft.
- The game was created by a team of developers led by Jeff Strain, who had previously worked on Blizzard’s popular game Diablo.
- The team wanted to create a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that would be more accessible and less time-consuming than existing games in the genre.
- They also wanted to incorporate elements of player-versus-player (PvP) combat into the game, which was relatively uncommon in MMORPGs at the time.
Lineage was released in 1998, a year after NCSoft was founded.
- The game was created by a team of developers led by Kim Taek-Jin, who had previously worked on the game Ultima Online.
- Lineage was designed to be a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that would appeal to both casual and hardcore players in South Korea, where online gaming was already a popular pastime.
For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times. Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!