We don’t often see our fave K-Pop idols do cover songs, mainly because of their tight schedules, especially during their comeback. The other reason could be their respective entertainment companies are not giving them a chance. But once they do it and release it online, we tend to be surprised.
They don’t usually give us a teaser for it, it just happens to drop on their official social media accounts. This is what most K-Pop fans experience, as we do live for the thrill of it all. Meanwhile, some idols give spoilers from their personal or bubble accounts (a platform where K-Pop idols can share their messages) to keep the fans updated.
Many K-Pop idols have already made their cover songs from different artists. They give their vocal color to the cover songs which makes it even so good to watch. So we are giving the best cover songs by K-Pop idols to watch and discover.
Watch these best cover songs by K-Pop stars
Shallow (Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper) – Wendy from Red Velvet
Wendy is known for her powerhouse vocals
- She is the main vocalist of Red Velvet and one of the best vocalists in the 3rd generation of K-Pop. This cover wasn’t even an official release since she sang it on a Korean variety show. But that did not stop her from showcasing her amazing vocals in this song.
The Only Exception (Paramore) – Rosé from BLACKPINK
Rosé is the main vocalist of BLACKPINK
- She gave us a heartfelt cover of the song The Only Exception by Paramore. Not only that but she was playing the guitar, all in one while sitting. This goes to show how great she is as a singer too.
Into the Unknown (Idina Menzel and AURORA) – Lee Suhyun from AKMU
Lee Suhyun took us into the known with her vocals
- She is part of the K-Pop duo called AKMU as its vocalist too. This is by far the unique cover song on this list. Lee Suhyun incorporated in covering Frozen 2’s OST while doing ice skating yet she still sang it beautifully.
I Like Me Better (Lauv) – Jaehyun from NCT
Jaehyun’s pretty voice captured our hearts
- He is one of the main vocalists of the whole NCT and his NCT 127 subunit. Many fans fell over his charm and voice when he sang I Like Me Better by Lauv. There’s no doubt about it after knowing how many views it has on a cover song.
Speechless (Naomi Scott) – Siyeon from Dreamcatcher
Siyeon left us speechless
- She is the main vocalist of Dreamcatcher and she proved it to all the doubters in this cover song. Siyeon gave her powerful flavor in this Alladin OST. This was certainly one of the best covers made by a K-Pop idol.
We hope you enjoy listening to the covers
As much as we want to give you everything, we can’t give you all the amazing K-Pop idol covers out there. So we just had to pin it down to only 5 but we do hope you are going to like these covers!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. In the comments below, let us know your thoughts about the best cover song by the K-Pop stars. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.