While there are a total of 400 Pokémon to catch in Scarlet and Violet, the majority of them are inaccessible due to barriers, navigation obstacles, or other challenges. Nevertheless, there are several that can be caught early on and will serve you well throughout the game’s early stages. In fact, their evolved forms are arguably some of the game’s best non-legendary Pokemon. We’ll be discussing 5 of these early game Pokemon that are easily obtainable and some honorable mentions that will help you on your journey. Let’s go!
Top 5 Best Early Game Pokemon (Scarlet and Violet)
All of these Pokémon may be found in the local region of Uva / Naranja, albeit not all of them are easy to get. Whether you’re trying to beat the Elite Four or merely make it through a particularly difficult Gym, all of them are worth the time and energy it takes to capture and evolve.
1. Paldean Wooper
The Paldean variation of Wooper is now a dual ground/poison type, reversing its strengths and weaknesses. One of the most prevalent ground-type disadvantages may be compensated by using Clodsire, its evolved version, because of its “Water Absorb” ability.
Having access to such large amounts of HP is another perk of owning a Paldean Wooper or Clodsire. While their other abilities are lacking, their high survival rate makes them a good early pokemon choice.
Eevee is another Pokémon that can be spotted in a remote area west of the Pokémon Academy. Even though Eevees aren’t the worst Pokémon ever, Eevee-lutions have consistently been among the greatest in their category. While Umbreon, Espeon, and Sylveon are the top choices, the other evolution variants will help your squad as well.
Mankey and Primeape, like many other Pokémon as ancient as the series, are seldom used due to their dependence on team formation or other variables. There’s a new third Evolution in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
With a basic stat total of 535, this new Ghost/Fighting dual-type easily outclasses even the evolved versions of Eeveelutions. With its high HP and ATK, as well as its excellent speed and DEF, there isn’t much that this early pokemon can’t handle.
Charcadet is among the better fire-types you may catch early on in Paldea, although it’s quite rare. His base numbers aren’t great (255), but Fire-types have always been scarce, so that makes up for it. Unfortunately, there aren’t going to be too many alternatives for a time if you didn’t select Fuecoco as your first pokemon.
Furthermore, Ceruledge and Armarouge, two of Charcadet’s evolutions, are the true draws to catching one. Their 525 stat scores are among the strongest in the game, and their lethal mix of speed and attack makes them a fantastic choice at any point in the game.
In the same way that good fire is hard to come by, high-quality electric kinds are likewise uncommon. Ampharos, his last evolution, may be as sluggish as sloth, but it has increased HP, Special Attack, and Special Defense and is vulnerable solely to ground moves.
When you include in Ampharos’s abilities to master Fairy, Fighting, Fire, and Ice skills, you have a virtually unstoppable force capable of taking on practically any threat the game throws at you.
Early Pokemon (Scarlet and Violet) Honorable Mentions
- We could continue praising Fidough’s adorable nature and the benefits his Fairy Type provides him over some of the greatest Pokemon in the game (Dragons and Psychic-types, mainly).
- Its Dachsbun evolution is an excellent backup Fire-type Pokémon to use in Tera Raid fights, just like Eevee and Charcadet. It can withstand blows that would kill other monsters because to its high defense and speed.
- Do not be fooled by Flamigo’s playful appearance; it is a serious threat early in the game. Its initial attack stat is one of the greatest you’ll find without investing a lot of effort into training and evolving another Pokémon.
- Because it’s a Fighting/Flying dual-type makes it effective against a broad range of opposing kinds. Furthermore, Flamigo lacks any evolutionary stages, thus its initial strength is maintained throughout the course of the game.
- There’s a good reason why Magikarp are so often mocked online; on their own, they accomplish absolutely nothing, look silly, and provide no value to anyone.
- Gyarados, its evolved form however, has been a mainstay of the Pokémon franchise from the very beginning. When it comes to base attack, Gyarados is among the best in Scarlet and Violet.
- The evolved form also has strong health and solid special defense. A first-round knockout is possible, if not guaranteed, if you use this Pokemon to strike the opening blow.
If you have any questions regarding this article, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!