Kpop is way too broad to stand and listen to only one group. If you have time and you’re interested, proceed to read below about other Kpop bands you should know about. If you’re only familiar with BTS and BLACKPINK, you may want to switch up your playlist for with these other groups and enjoy new music. Get your music and video streaming services ready because we’re giving you options, options, and more options to level up your fangirling/fanboying!
Kpop bands you should know about
Debut date: October 20, 2015
Debut song: Like Ooh-Aah
We’ll go easy on you for this one. If you’re an active Kpop fan, surely you’ve already heard of TWICE.
Last August 26th, the nine-member girl group released their latest album “Between 1&2” with the title track “Talk That Talk”. Their title tracks lie on the line of Dance Pop and Bubblegum Pop. Although, TWICE seems to be exploring other genres as well.
- The members include Im Nayeon, Yoo Jeongyeon, Hirai Momo, Minatozaki Sana, Park Jihyo, Myoui Mina, Son Chaeyoung, Kim Dahyun, and Chou Tzuyu.
- They have a foreign line consisting of Momo, Sana, and Mina who are Japanese, and Tzuyu who is Taiwanese.
- They came from JYP Entertainment.
- The group was made from a survival television show SIXTEEN.
- Currently, they release songs in Korea and Japan. Their fans are called ONCE, because as the members said before “If you love us even ONCE, we will repay your love with TWICE of our love”.
- Seriously, if you want a group that’s always booked and busy, you may want to consider TWICE. New music guaranteed in the speed of light!
Debut date: May 26, 2015
Debut song: Adore U
Another easy one right here. Do they look familiar? If you are a BTS or a boy group fan, there’s a high chance you heard about them already, and they are definitely one of the Kpop bands you should know about.
You may have already seen on TikTok their Face The Sun album title track HOT. Yep, that song’s from SVT.
If you want a self-producing group, check out SEVENTEEN. Ever since their debut, they make their songs and literally worked their way up to where they are now. Most of their songs are more on dance-pop, hip-hop, and R&B.
- The members include S.Coups, Jeonghan, Joshua, Jun, Hoshi, Wonwoo, Woozi, DK, Mingyu, The8, Seungkwan, Vernon, and Dino.
- Curious about their group name? SEVENTEEN came from 13 members, 3 units, 1 group. Now, do the math.
- They are from Pledis Entertainment.
- The three units are the Vocal unit with Woozi (leader), Jeonghan, Joshua, DK, and Seungkwan.
- This is then followed by the Hip-Hop unit which consists of S.Coups (leader), Wonwoo, Mingyu, and Vernon.
- Lastly, the Performance unit with Hoshi (leader), Jun, The8, and Dino.
Currently, the 13-member group is on tour. Say the name, SEVENTEEN!
Kpop bands you should know about: DREAMCATCHER (드림캐쳐)
Debut date: January 13, 2017
Debut song: Chase Me
I can say that this group has been underrated for quite a long time already, and they’re slowly rising to the top.
Earlier this year, the group released their album Apocalypse: Save Us with the title track MAISON which tackles saving the Earth. Dreamcatcher’s music runs along the rock genre, honestly, they brought rock back to Kpop.
Their music video has a lore or story within so if you’re curious check out their MVs on their official YouTube channel.
- Dreamcatcher consists of seven members, JiU, SuA, Siyeon, Handong, Yoohyeon, Dami, and Gahyeon.
- They are prepping for an October comeback and dropped a tease of a Mystery Code last midnight.
- They are under Dreamcatcher Company, formerly Happyface Entertainment.
- Dreamcatcher also has the coolest lightstick we’ve ever seen!
Each member represents a nightmare while their fans are called Insomnia.
- The nightmare includes fear of being chased, fear of restraint, Claustrophobia, Scopophobia, Mazeophobia (fear of being lost), Oulinophobia (fear of scars), and Basophobia, respectively. 내 꿈꿔, 안녕하서요, 드림캐쳐 입니다! (Dream of me, hello, we are Dreamcatcher!)
TOMORROW X TOGETHER (투모로우바이투게더)
Debut date: March 4, 2019
Debut song: CROWN
The list of Kpop bands you should know about continues and we’ll bring you here to this group! While we’re here in the rock genre, I’ll present to you the five-member boy group from Big Hit Music, TOMORROW X TOGETHER, aka TXT.
They are more into the pop rock and alternative R&B genres. Their latest release was their Minisode 2: Thursday’s Child with the title track Good Boy, Gone Bad. If you want some dance and electronic pop, check the song out!
- TXT consists of Soobin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Huening Kai. Their fandom name is called MOA (Moments of Alwaysness). What makes this group different from others? They have no fixed position as it changes with every comeback.
- Big Hit Music is a part of HYBE Labels so you may see the TXT with BTS, and ENHYPEN, even SEVENTEEN too! They started releasing Japanese singles too, so you may want to listen to those if you’re interested in J-pop!
Debut date: December 1st, 2021
Debut song: ELEVEN
If you do not know ELEVEN, where have you been? Jokes aside, IVE’s debut song made everyone count like “1 2 3 4 5 6 7, you make feel like ELEVEN”. Starship Entertainment debuted the six-member girl group last year.
Recently, they came back with their third single album, After Like, with the same title track. And now people can’t stop singing “You and I, it’s more than like“. Oh, the bops they make. This recent track somewhat belongs to the 70s classic disco sound, they tend not to stick with certain sounds so better watch out for more!
- The members include Gaeul, Yujin, Rei, Wonyoung, Liz, and Leeseo. Have you been stuck with videos on TikTok with fans dancing to Gaeul’s part on After Like? “두 번 세 번 피곤하게 자꾸 질문하지 마. 내 장점이 뭔지 알아? 바로 솔직한 거야” (Du beon se beon pigonhage jakku jilmunhaji ma. Nae jangjeom i mwonji ar a? Baro soljikhan geoya)
Check out her part in the official music video below! VERY addictive.
- If you find Yujin and Wonyoung familiar, they debuted with the PD48 debuted group, IZ*ONE in 2018. They were the youngest members there, while in IVE, Yujin became the leader, while Wonyoung has dongsaengs (or younger siblings).
Kpop bands you should know about: Runner-ups!
We wouldn’t miss it to write a few runner-ups you may want to look into. The groups below may fall under the categories “Kpop groups I know, familiar, and not know at all”. Stay with us here!
Red Velvet (레드벨벳)
Debut date: August 1st, 2014
Debut song: Happiness
- Members: Irene (leader), Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, and Yeri. Fun fact: RV’s maknae, Yeri, joined the group on March 2015 with their song Ice Cream Cake.
Debut date: November 30, 2020
Debut song: Given-Taken
- Members: Heeseung, Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, Sunoo, Jungwon (leader), and Niki. They just started their world tour in Seoul last weekend, watch them out in your regions!
Debut date: November 12, 2020
Debut song: So Bad
- Members: Sumin (leader), Sieun, Isa, Seeun, Yoon, and J. Oh, “STAYC girls, it’s going down” but they’re doing the other way, up to fame!
Super Junior (슈퍼주니어)
Debut date: November 6, 2005
Debut song: Twins (Knock Out)
- There are 10 active members as of this writing for the “King of Hallyu Wave”: Leeteuk (leader), Heechul, Yesung, Shindong, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook, and Kyuhyun.
Debut date: April 19, 2011
Debut song: Mollayo (“I Don’t Know”)
- Unfortunately, former APINK member Naeun left the group on April 2022, after releasing their special album, HORN. Active members include Chorong, Bomi, Eunji, Namjoo, and Hayoung.
There you have it, Kpop fans! So, which group are you interested in?