One of the most popular YouTube personalities, MrBeast, real name Jimmy Donaldson, is a 24-year-old entrepreneur, and philanthropist who popularized YouTube content focusing on stunt game shows. Let us know better who MrBeast is and his ever-growing YouTube and his soon-to-be business empire.
MrBeast: Jimmy Donaldson
As a 13-year-old, little Jimmy is already creating and posting gaming-related YouTube content under the YouTube Channel MrBeast6000. His content transitioned to “How Much Someone Makes”, opinions, commentaries, and reaction videos. By 2016, having 30,000 subscribers, MrBeast dropped out of college to be a full content creator.
By 2021, Forbes listed MrBeast as the highest-earning creator (all things considered) with estimated earnings of $54 million in 2021. Today, MrBeast is the most popular YouTuber for his stunt game show content. His main YouTube channel has over 96 million subscribers and a total of more than 15.6 billion views.
MrBeast: Early Years
In his early years (2012 to 2013), MrBeast’s content centers around the “Let’s Play” series which features games like Minecraft Call of Duty: Blacks Ops2, Pokemon Online, and Battle pirates.
By 2014, MrBeast reached 1,000 subscribers. For better context, during this time, the Swedish YouTuber Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg better known as PewDiePie is at his peak with around 32 million subscribers and has the most YouTube Views of all time.
Another year later (April 2015) another 1,000 subscribers. It was a slow start for MrBeast and admittedly said on his 2,000 subscriber video that he has “shit content”. However, one video upload stands out the most but not because it has so many views.
MrBeast: Be Different, Be Unique, Be Original
On July 3, 2015, MrBeast uploaded a video titled “How To Gain YouTube Sucess”. In this sub-3min upload, MrBeast said that he gained 600 subscribers over a month since he has been uploading “different” videos. His advice to content creators, but most likely to himself as well, on how to be successful is to be different, be original, and be unique.
“… You have to be 100% unique 100% original, and that will get you high in search results, and that will slowly get you noticed over time. … If there’s a secret, that’s what it is.
Stop searching for videos on how to get noticed. Just be different and quit watching videos like this, and spend this time making videos thinking of original ideas.
If you can search it and no one’s done it before. Do it! because I guarantee you someone else will search that, and that will be views on your channel, and subscribers for you”
-Jimmy “MrBeast” Donaldson
By March of 2016, MrBeast is already at 20,000 subscribers, a 10-fold increase from 2015. Another 10-fold increase From March to September 2016 having 200,000 subscribers. At this point, MrBeast is still doing random video commentaries, how much someone makes, opinions, and just about random and sometimes weird stuff really. This was also the year when MrBeast decided to drop out of college and be a full-time content creator
In January 2017, MrBeast was popular for counting from 1 to 100,000 and became viral for it. Who would have known such a useless yet somehow intriguing task will pay off? Nevertheless, Staying true to his words. It is original and unique. The same year, he reached 1 million subscribers.
It was this year when I watched MrBeast’s YouTube channel. The video is about giving A random Homeless Man $10,000.
What about yours?
By the end of 2017, MrBeast has 2 million followers. This was also the start of MrBeast diversifying his content and showing his philanthropist side. He is giving out cash to random homeless people, random small twitch streamers, and daily service workers such as pizza delivery guys, uber drivers, etc.
From here, MrBeast adds a million subscribers almost every month starting in February of 2018. In 2020, it became a million additional subscribers every 2 weeks.
Among his most popular videos is the $456,000 Squid Game in real life with over a 254million views as of date. It is the full recreation of the games including a set replica in the hit Korean Netlflix series Squid Game.
OTHER NEWS: Genshin Impact: Hard and Soft Pity Explained
Aside from his Main Channel MrBeast, there are four (4) other channels that are focused on certain content. All have over a billion views except for Beast Philantrophy which is also projected to reach a billion views this year. During the interview on Logan Paul’s IMPAULSIVE YouTube channel, MrBeast revealed that he spends about $4 million a month on YouTube videos.
|Channel Name||Joining Date||Number of Subscribers
(04 June 2022)
|Number of Subscribers
(04 June 2022)
|MrBeast||20 February 2012||>96.1million||>15.8 billion|
|MrBeast Reacts||25 April 2016||>17.6 million||>2.5 billion|
|MrBeast Gaming||08 April 2020||>27.4 million||>4.5 billion|
|MrBeast Shorts||22 August 2020||>13.5 million||>1.5 billion|
|Beast Philantrophy||19 September 2020||>8.6 million||> 98 million|
MrBeast: Team Trees and Team Seas
- In collaboration with Mark Rober, TeamTrees started on October 25, 2019. The project raised over 20 million U.S. dollars before 2020 and currently planted more than 23 million trees.
- The fundraiser and the movement were supported by the YouTube community and personalities such as PewDiePie, Marshmello, Ninja, Jacksepticeye, Dude Perfect, Linus Tech Tips, and many more. The donations went to Arbor day foundation who led the tree planting $1 for 1 tree.
- With the same concept as Team Trees, Team Seas started last October 29,2021. The project intends to remove 1lb of trash in the ocean per $1 with a target of $30million pounds or $30 million dollars. The project currently has over $32million dollars funds raised.
- During the Launch in December 2020, MrBeast Burger’s queue reached miles despite the address not being advertised online. In Mr. Beast fashion, he gave out cash to the customers as a bonus for ordering the free food during the launch.
- MrBeast Burger is a kitchen fast food restaurant which means it only serves the food thru takeout or delivery. Its menu consists of burgers, french fries, desserts, and canned beverages
- The fast-food chain has more than 1,000 locations all over USA, Canada, and United Kingdom in 2021.
- There were quality issues in some locations and MrBeast addressed this via Twitter that he will refund anyone who was displeased with the service.
- The sandwiches and burgers range from $5 to $14. Drinks go for $2.50 while desserts go for about $3.
- On its launch, Feastables, Mr. Beast’s snack (chocolates) business sold 1 million chocolates in 3 days after its launch. Five months in the business, Feastables already sold about $10 million worth of chocolates.
- It will not be complete without MrBeast’s giveaways. Tickets are included in some chocolate bars for a trip to MrBeasts chocolate factory. There are also giveaways worth $1million.
- Feastables’ price ranges from about $3 to $50. Unfortunately, the snacks could currently be shipped within the US.
OTHER NEWS: Dying Light 2: The Black Widow Quest Guide
Every day is different so there is no like routine.
-Jimmy “MrBeast” Donaldson
If you have any questions or you feel that we missed something, please feel free to let us know in the comments below.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!