Shenhe is the most recent new character to join Genshin Impact’s long list of interesting heroes. Like most games in this genre, Genshin Impact’s currency for acquiring those heroes is limited, and the characters that you choose to add to your ranks should be carefully selected. Shenhe is no exception, so let’s take a look at the reasons why Shenhe might be the right pick for you, or why you may want to wait for another opportunity instead.
- Let’s start with why you would want Shenhe on your team. Shenhe is a strong cryo support, but essentially she is only a cryo support. Inside of cryo teams, Shenhe’s strength is formidable.
- Shenhe offers a solid, repeatable buff to cryo units, and some of them are already among the strongest units in the game. If your team is headed up by someone like Ganyu or Ayaka, then Shenhe will provide significant buffs to their damage, making her a valuable member of the team.
- Shenhe would also supply cryo resonance in this case, and can be particularly useful in a freeze composition team, as her burst can apply instances of cryo to help freeze enemies in place (when paired with a hydro unit). If any of this seems to meet your team’s needs, then wishing for Shenhe may be the right option for you.
- Outside of cryo teams, Shenhe does not have much more to offer. When you’re not at a summer party, you don’t need to keep your drinks cold. Shenhe’s abilities really only help cryo units.
- So if you’re not putting her in a team full of cryo units, or at least spearheaded by one, she isn’t going to provide much value. In that case, you may want to pass on her, at least for now.
Shenhe isn’t only for the “Big 2” cryo powerhouses; some initial impressions are showing promise with her ability to be a booster seat for the less popular and notable cryo units as well.
Characters like Chongyun can greatly benefit from the added buffs that Shenhe provides, and that’s not surprising, given the fact that we recently discovered that the two have been related the whole time. Pairing Shenhe with a cryo character who could really use some extra damage might be the difference between you being able to finally use your favorite, but less popular cryo character, and keeping them on the bench.
Follow us on Twitter @genshintimes for an amazing Genshin community! It’s still new but together, we can do great things!
Time will tell how strong of a character Shenhe is, and how well she fits into the meta of Genshin Impact’s pantheon of units. Wishing for strong characters is always a good plan, but don’t forget to wish for your favorites as well. If Shenhe is a personal favorite of yours, or she enables someone else who is, then don’t be put off from letting those wishes fly for your preferred characters.
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you also subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!