As it stands the power hierarchy of DC Studios is changing. That’s what Black Adam Superman appearance and marketing promo told us numerous times. And as the recent developments seem to have foreshadowed, this may be more leaning towards being true. Jason Momoa, the once Game of Thrones actor talked to Entertainment Today Canada. Momoa said that his dream line-up finally feels possible. Are we seeing the brewing of Batman Cameo in Aquaman And The Lost Kingdom?
This is accentuated by the hinting glimpses of a Justice League 2 development that may be brewing under the shadows. Black Adam may not have redefined the power hierarchies of the DC universe alone. What I mean by that is that Cinematic DC’s hierarchy is determined by its producers.
DC Power hierarchies did change, but not because of Black Adam alone
If you haven’t heard it yet, writer/director James Gunn and producer Peter Safran have recently taken charge of the DC Studios, which will now be a separate workforce dedicated to DC movies. The Black Adam Superman cameo did help shift gears, though.
- Warner Bros has decided to create a subsidiary branch altogether, which isn’t different from how MCU came to be.
- A dedicated workload focused only on cinematic (animation and live-action) DC movies may help turn things toward something favorable.
Especially so for the fans. Otherwise, it’s just a lot of corporate hiccups that get to the creative freedom of anyone working on the projects. So much so that one needs to create a Snyder Cut to revive a few of Justice League’s fallen glory.
How will James Gunn and Peter Safran do anything better in DC Studios?
Gunn and Safran will reportedly direct to Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav. Gunn and Safran will report directly to Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav. So as it stands, the power hierarchy of DC behind the screen itself is changing. James Gunn will also reprise his prior experience of superhero glories as he worked in the Guardian of The Galaxy films. Zaslav made a statement that –
“Their decades of experience in filmmaking, close ties to the creative community, and proven track record thrilling superhero fans around the globe make them uniquely qualified to develop a long-term strategy across film, TV, and animation, and take this iconic franchise to the next level of creative storytelling.”
So yes, this does feel like good news.
Why is Aquaman Jason Momoa hyped for this ‘dream project’ possibility?
- Now here’s exactly why this is exciting for Black Adam, and then Aquaman, and then to fans. The change of executive together with the push of Dwayne Johnson brought the appearance of a Black Adam Superman cameo.
- Although The Rock ends the film with his grinned wide smile. Fans knew more than enough just how much to pop in the theatres when Geralt of Rivia made his DC appearance. I mean, Henry Cavil did.
Speaking to Entertainment Tonight Canada, Aquaman actor Jason Momoa said the following –
“I think with Peter Safran and Mr. [James] Gunn at the helm now, of DC, I’m very excited about that. There’s a lot of cool things that are going to be coming up and one of my dreams come true will be happening under their watch so stay tuned.”
Jason Momoa in Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom should set sails for Batman Cameo in DC
- Momoa is all set for his latest adventures as the comic prince of some kingdom who has a comic tone in very forced comic settings.
- And take this as a direct criticism of Thor in Thor Love and Thunder.
- But sarcasm aside, it is true that Jason Momoa’s Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom feel ambitious.
- After The Rock’s entry into the DC universe though, things feel even more hyped than before. Although I wouldn’t expect any electrifying performance of Dwayne in Aquaman.
But here’s whom we can expect.
Batman Cameo in Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom?
In response to a possible Batman cameo, here’s what the Aquaman actor said
“[Affleck] may or may not be in [Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom] and there could be more or less, or even more Batmans in it. Who knows? You can only know a little bit.”
Now Momoa’s response is quite similar and feels heterogenous in the family of ‘responses-to-give-when-journalists-ask-things-that-will-happen-and-you-know-it.’ We have seen these stunts in Spiderman before. Take my a**, Batman is gonna be there, in DC Studios future endeavors.
If by chance not in Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom, surely in some Flash movie. Whether Erza can take time from Prison and courts to appear for the same is a different political debate altogether. Aquaman’s Jason Momoa is more than happy to see the power structures of DC make way for very ambitious Justice League get together, and we love it.
Spieltimes has just launched a subsidiary to make sure we do not leave even a single leaf unturned, in providing you with the best of anime. Check out our new handle, Spiel Anime.