We’re in for a treat, Marvel fans! In case you missed it, Marvel may have created a game perfect for strategic card gamers. The recently released Marvel Snap may pique your interest, so might as well, check it out. But since you’re here, we would like to formally introduce you to the game. Marvel Snap officially came to the market last October 18th, 2022, and fans have been enjoying the game since. Are you ready for some card-collecting, rewards, bonuses, and win or lose your Marvel cards?
We’ll discuss anything and everything you need to know about the game, so you may want to stick around with us here. As the game recently came out, there are a few questions that need some answering. You may refer to them below!
How to play
Firstly, you may ask us how to play Marvel Snap, and surely we can briefly teach you how. Well, at least, the basics of how this virtual card game works just to get you started.
- This is a 1v1 card game. There will be three locations in each game, you should take note of that. There will be a certain effect depending on each location. Some locations may affect card power, some have negative effects on the cards, and some have wild card effects. You may want to try it out to know what we’re talking about with this one *wink*.
- Additionally, for locations, the far-left location reveals at the start of the game. The middle location opens at the start of the second turn, while the far-right location reveals at the start of Turn 3. Well, cards may have hmm, a special connection depending on the location it is placed. Well, this is a matter of strategy and guts!
- Only six turns will be given in a game, the two players take turns. The main objective of the game is to outscore your opponent. There may be a few more tricks and terms for you to get to know once you start the game. It may sound confusing at first, or when you read this, but pretty sure it’s easy to play.
- What is Marvel Snap without the Snapping, right? And for the last basics, you need to learn about the game would be about the Snap. If you think thoroughly that you will win the game, you may click the Cosmic Cube at the top of the screen to Snap. By snapping and winning, the winning payout increases. However, if you Snap and then lose, your level decreases by a greater amount.
- According to the Marvel Snap website, the goal of the game is “to win 2 out of 3 locations by playing cards that have higher total power value on the location than your opponent.”
Platforms and is it free?
Fortunately, you can play the game on your smartphone. You may download the game on the App Store for iOS, and Google Play on Android. And of course, do know that the game may be played on PC as well! Get the PC game on Steam here, do know that the PC version is in its Early Access stage yet. It is constantly being developed, but you can try it as early as now!
- Oh, you don’t have to worry about anything. The Marvel Snap card game is a free-to-play game, open for all Marvel fans and gamers! Although, you may purchase some cosmetics and such in the in-game store if you would like to!
- Furthermore, your account data and progress may be shared across the platforms. When you start playing, you may use your Google account to link your progress, and sign in with the account on the other platforms.
Minimum and recommended requirements
In order to play the Marvel Snap, you may want to take note of the following system requirements of the game, check them out below.
- For iOS, the minimum requirements would be an iPhone 6s or later, with an OS version of iOS 11 or later. The recommended requirements would be an iPhone 8, X, or later, with an OS version of iOS 13 or later.
- Moreover, for Android, the minimum and recommended requirements are as follows:
|OS Version||Android 10 or later||Android 11 or later|
|Processor||Snapdragon 450 / Exynos 7870 or better||Snapdragon 835 / Exynos 9810 or higher|
|Video||Adreno 505 / ARM Mali-T830 or better||Adreno 630 or higher|
|Memory||2 GB RAM or higher||3 GB RAM or higher|
- Lastly, for Early Access on PC, you may want to remember the following requirements:
|OS Version||Windows 7 (SP1+)||Windows 10|
|Processor||Intel Core i5-650 / AMD Phenom II X4 965||Intel Core i5-2300 / AMD FX-6300|
|Video||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 / AMD Radeon HD 6950||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD 7970|
|Direct X Version||10||10|
|Memory||4 GB RAM||4 GB RAM|
|Storage||4 GB||4 GB|
Ready to take your competitiveness into a game of cards in Marvel Snap?