Everything related to Spiderman manages to get huge hype, and why not? It is one of the most beloved superheroes of all time. Recently at cinema con 2023, there were 14 minutes of footage screened for Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. This isn’t the first footage from the movie, a 15-minute snippet of it was screened at cinema con in 2022. Although the creators didn’t show any major spoilers there are a few things that we can figure out from the footage. In addition, they did talk about the movie a little bit, and here is everything you should know about Spider-verse from the extended footage shown at CinemaCon.
Snippets of Spider-verse footage Cinema Con
- The footage starts with Miles chilling in his room after being grounded by his parents. This is followed by Gwen opening a portal and making fun of him for keeping the collectibles in the packaging. Furthermore, she sees a drawing of her in his notebook and asks “Is Spiderman grounded?”
- Both of them then escape the room to swing through Brooklyn doing their spidey things. Miles’ parents find he is missing before the pair could return back and this just adds to his grounding sentence.
We cut to Gwen telling Miles that she alongside other Spidey communities is trying to stop it from dimensions collapsing again. Miles responds to it with just one word and no major surprise “Again?”
- After this scene, Gwen and Miles are seen sharing their emotions on how they are similar and how Gwen hasn’t talked to her dad for years. Miles tries to hold her hand but Gwen says “In every other universe, Gwen Stacy falls for Spider-Man. And it doesn’t end well”, to which Miles responds, “There is always a first time”
- Gwen is seen wearing a wristband that allows her not to glitch in other dimensions, and she tells Miles that they don’t have a space for him among spidey folks and he is better off here.
Gwen then leaves and Miles is sad about it. There is a snippet where Miles is nearly close to telling his identity to his mom but is stopped by his mom telling him to go find Gwen but be careful as he is still a little boy.
Before the footage is over Mile’s mom is seen telling him that “When you come back, you’re still grounded. I’ll see you later – with a gift.”
What plot to expect from the film
— Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse (@SpiderVerse) April 25, 2023
- There are no major spoilers or leaks available as of yet. Although rumors and speculation are always round mills on the internet. However, from the snippet of the released footage as described in the summary above, we can make a few educated guesses – along with of course whatever description is released so far about the film’s premise.
It seems the movie will see Miles being unexpectedly approached by his love interest, Gwen, and she will tell him about the dimensions collapsing while the spider-people are trying their best to save it. Even though from the footage we feel Gwen is resistant for Miles to join on this journey. Eventually, Miles is gonna fight against all the odds and make a place for himself among the spider-people.
Potential Release Date
The initial release of the movie was planned to be in April 2022. It got delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The movie is now all set to release 2 months from now on June 2, 2023.
— DiscussingFilm (@DiscussingFilm) April 25, 2023
If you have any questions regarding the footage of Spider-Man: Across the Spider-verse shown at Cinema Con 2023, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!