Fans were eagerly waiting for the return of Boruto and his friends, and they were not disappointed when Boruto: Two Blue Vortex debuted with Chapter 81 yesterday.
However, the release date of the next chapter has caused some confusion among the readers. Some believe that Boruto Chapter 82 will come out next week, while others say that it will only release next month. What is the truth behind this mystery?
Boruto: Two Blue Vortex Chapter 2 Release Date + Where to Read
- According to Shueisha, the release date for Boruto Chapter 82, aka Boruto: Two Blue Vortex Chapter 2, is Wednesday, September 20, 2023. This means that there will be a gap of one month between Chapter 81 and Chapter 82, as opposed to the expected weekly schedule.
- Boruto Chapter 82 will be available to read online for free on VIZ Media’s website and Manga Plus.
Is Boruto a monthly manga?
- Unlike Naruto, which was serialized weekly, Boruto is published monthly. This means that fans have to wait longer for new chapters of Boruto, which usually have around 40 to 50 pages each.
The reason for this change is that Boruto: Naruto Next Generations has moved from Weekly Shonen Jump to V Jump, a monthly magazine that focuses on video game and card game tie-in manga.
The move to V Jump is not necessarily a bad thing for Boruto fans, as it means that the manga will have more pages per chapter. The first chapter of Boruto: Two Blue Vortex had 48 pages, which is twice as much as a typical Weekly Shonen Jump chapter.
Boruto Chapter 81 Recap and Summary:
- The chapter starts as Sarada faces off against Shikamaru, now the Eighth Hokage, in a heated argument over Boruto’s innocence. Amidst accusations of Boruto being responsible for Naruto’s death, Sarada is determined to clear his name and set the record straight. Shikamaru, however, remains doubtful, questioning Boruto’s decision to run if he’s truly innocent.
Sarada’s frustration grows as she tries to persuade Shikamaru that Boruto’s situation deserves a fair chance to explain himself. Shikamaru, despite his calm and empathetic demeanor, tells her that villagers’ deep-rooted resentment towards Boruto makes it nearly impossible to restore his reputation. A worried Shikamaru also warns Sarada about her persistence potentially affecting her chance of becoming Hokage.
Sarada declares that she is following Naruto’s example, not Shikamaru’s, and leaves. The scene then shifts to Kawaki, who is now living as Naruto’s son and the hero of Konoha. He stares at Naruto and Hinata’s suspended bodies in the seal. They’re both unconscious.
Boruto Chapter 81 Recap: How does Eida’s Omnipotence work?
- The next scene shows Sarada and Sumire meeting with Eida, who is behind the memory manipulation that has swapped Boruto and Kawaki’s identities. We learn that Eida’s Omnipotence jutsu has warped the villagers’ memories, making them believe that Kawaki is Naruto’s son and Boruto’s brother, while Boruto is a ruthless killer who betrayed Konoha.
Kawaki and Mitsuki talk on a roof, Mitsuki telling Kawaki that he still despises Boruto and will kill him if he ever shows up in the village. Kawaki agrees but asks Mitsuki to stop following him around.
The calm is short-lived as the village is plunged into chaos as monstrous creatures terrorize civilians. Code targets Sarada and tells her to scream for Boruto, hoping to lure him out. Boruto makes his grand entrance with a kick to Code’s face, and Kawaki senses Boruto’s presence and flies to the village. The entire village goes into an uproar, and Code, Kawaki, and Boruto face each other, ready to fight.
Boruto Chapter 82 will continue from where Chapter 81 left off, and it will likely show the confrontation between Boruto and Code, as well as the reactions of the other Konoha shinobi to Boruto’s return. Fans can expect more action, drama, and surprises in the next chapter, as Boruto’s fate hangs in the balance.