Full Metal Alchemist Author gets an anime adaptation? On October 26, 2022, on the official Twitter account for Hiromu Arakawa’s Hyakushou Kizoku parody. The slice-of-life manga announced it is getting an anime variation, titled “Noble Farmer”
The announcement was revealed during an exhibition event for the manga held at the Tokyo University of Agriculture. More information about the release and such is yet to come.
— MyAnimeList (@myanimelist) October 26, 2022
Hiromu Arakawa’s Noble farmer
In 2008, Fullmetal Alchemist writer, Hiromu Arakawa started writing and illustrating her own autobiographical manga. It tells the story of her time filling in as a farmer in Hokkaido, and the fascinating “country smarts” she acquired there as a result.
- Fans of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga may recognize the particular noble cow as seen in Fullmetal Alchemist bonus material and creator moments. Which highlighted Hiromu Arakawa as a cow.
- The series released the first compiled volume in December 2009 and has published seven volumes till October 2021.
probably my favorite authorsona is hiromu arakawa, who represents herself as a cow pic.twitter.com/5seQ281R2l
— Spiral Into Madness Rob (@SenorWoberto) December 19, 2021
What story does Noble Farmer follow?
Hiromu Arakawa turned into a manga author after she spent 7 years in Hokkaido working in the farming industry. The manga follows her life journey in Hokkaido.
- This is Japan’s first manga that depicts fun realities about farming. It says, “The good common sense acquired while farming isn’t equivalent to your ordinary presence of mind.”
- The manga begins with, “If there is no water, let them drink cow’s milk.” However, Arakawa explains that as of now Japan just delivers 40% of the food it consumes. Clearly stating her worries about the country’s future.
Fun fact: before becoming the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist, Hiromu Arakawa grew up in Hokkaido to a farming family. So Silver Spoon is a farming comic told from that PoV pic.twitter.com/7DXY0Bv90a
— Deb Aoki (@debaoki) February 8, 2018
She also addresses why Hokkaido is famous for in the manga
- Hokkaido is known for being the “bread basket” of Japan. And this is where Arakawa chose to do her part to keep everybody in Japan from dying from starvation.
- Arakawa worked very hard on the farm every day. She never gave up and kept on doing her job.
- Apparently, pet journals have been adapted into manga structure. But, a manga about farming is rare. And, this might be also the reason why she wrote and illustrated another best-selling manga called Silver Spoon. Which debuted right after Fullmetal Alchemist ended.
In the TOP TEN Great Graphic Novels for Teens 2019 list is Silver Spoon, Vol. 1-4! It's hard not to fall in love with this charming coming-of-age series with master storytelling by legendary mangaka Hiromu Arakawa. Learn a thing or two about agriculture with Volumes 1-6 out now! pic.twitter.com/TXCuA99AFH
— Yen Press (@yenpress) January 22, 2019
Where can I read Nobler Farmer?
- Noble Farmer was published on March 28, 2009, in Shinshokan’s manga magazine. Later, she moved the manga to Magazine Wings.
- You can check the English version of the manga that was digitally published in JManga. It has released one volume so far in Japan.
- The manga chapters have seven volumes, as of October 22, 2021.
Silver Spoon is similarly based on her experience in the farming industry
Most probably, the most well-known and best of Arakawa’s works after Fullmetal Alchemist is Silver Spoon. This is indeed based on Arakawa’s early life in Hokkaido.
What is Silver Spoon about?
The story centers on mild-mannered student Yugo Hachiken, who neglects to pass the entrance exams for the high school he planned on attending. With his bad relations with his family, Hachiken finally decides to move out of his house. To enroll in a school far away from his home.
- Hachiken joins the Ooezo Agricultural High School. He then meets an essential and diverse cast of characters who all have dreams and desires. While he himself feels aimless.
A dormir 💤 (anime: Silver Spoon) pic.twitter.com/byVHOXgOhW
— Crunchyroll.es 🪚 Chainsaw Man YA DISPONIBLE (@crunchyroll_es) September 3, 2020
- But, Hachiken adjusts to this new way he’s picked and even comes to appreciate it. He learns plenty of life lessons along the way making this a charming story.
A-1 Pictures adapted the two anime seasons of Silver Spoon. In 2014, a live-action film was released, inspired by the manga.
As the creator of the award-winning series Fullmetal Alchemist, Hiromu Arakawa is a successful manga artist of this century. Hiromu Arakawa serialized Fullmetal Alchemist in Square Enix’s Monthly Shonen Gangan from 2001 to 2010.
The series had two TV anime adaptations with one film, as well as a series of three live-action films. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is currently ranked 1st on MyAnimeList.
IMDb depicts the story of Full Metal Alchemist as:
“Disregard for alchemy’s laws ripped half of Ed Elric’s limbs from his body and left Al’s soul clinging to a suit of armor. To restore what was lost, the brothers seek the Philosopher’s Stone. Enemies and allies – the corrupt military, the Homunculi, and foreign alchemists – will alter the Elric’s course, but their purpose will remain unchanged and their bond unbreakable”
That’s it then folks! make sure to share, and subscribe to our push notifications. Also keep yourself connected to our world of Gaming, News, Cinema, and Anime! You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!