The recent talk of the internet seems to be this clip that is going viral that shows One Piece author Eiichiro Oda talking to ChatGPT. What is the clip exactly? And did Oda actually do it?
The emergence of a new era of artificial intelligence is causing a stir in the world of creativity. We are witnessing the replacement of even the most elementary jobs by AI. Although this technological advancement appears to pose a threat to most professions, it can also prove to be an invaluable tool in generating ideas for illustrations, concepts, theories, and more.
This is where anime enters the picture. A noteworthy video depicts Eiichiro Oda utilizing AI ChatGPT to develop ideas for a new story arc in One Piece.
- If you’re not yet acquainted with ChatGPT, it’s time to catch up with the latest tech trend. Since its launch in November 2022, OpenAI’s ChatGPT has emerged as one of the leading public artificial intelligence platforms for tech enthusiasts to interact with.
- To tackle the competition head-on, Google also seems to be coming up with an AI assistant of their own. Naming it BARD, the battle between AI sure seems to only be starting.
What is the viral Oda using ChatGPT clip?
Yesterday, Oda asked #ChatGPT about the next story.🤣 "Hi, I'm the author of One Piece. I can't come up with nice next developments of OP. Would you consider a super amazing story on behalf of me?😋"
GPT: How about Shadow King appearing in front of Straw Hats and trying to kidnap pic.twitter.com/5C18UQCgxT
— sandman (@sandman_AP) February 22, 2023
Over the past few months, its popularity has only continued to soar. Unsurprisingly, the creator of One Piece, Eiichiro Oda, decided to put the platform to the test. How did he go about it, you might wonder?
- In a recent video, Oda is seen engaging in a chat with ChatGPT, requesting the service to provide him with fresh ideas for the manga’s upcoming arcs.
In the video, we see Oda, the creator of One Piece, seeking assistance from the service by saying, “Hello, I’m the author of One Piece. I’m having trouble coming up with interesting new developments for One Piece. Could you provide me with a super-amazing story?” To which the AI responds with a tale that doesn’t disappoint.
- The AI suggests a story arc featuring Shadow King, who attempts to abduct Chopper using his shadow ability, prompting Robin to search for the Shadow Tribe she had encountered previously to defeat the enemy.
- The Straw Hats visit Shadow Island, and eventually, Luffy defeats the Shadow King and saves Chopper, while Robin learns new information about the tribe’s history.
- In addition, the AI presents another idea: the Straw Hats joining forces with “aliens” to combat an evil witch.
The second one is very unlikely. Although exploring aliens in the One Piece story isn’t something unimaginable.
Is Oda really using ChatGPT for his future story inspirations?
So how authentic is this? Yes it’s real. But it’s nothing but a gag. A publicity stunt. Although the latter sounds misleading. It is Oda being funny and promoting the new technology altogether. We are pretty sure he won’t be using any idea generated from ChatGPT.
At least nothing that he will publicly reveal. But inspirations can be drawn from a wide array of things. Including asking a friend, or as it happens to be – Oda using ChatGPT.
ChatGPT making a better story line that most theorists (pangea:v)💀💀💀 pic.twitter.com/idKYtDbrLY
— Tee-m🔻CR:Boruto (@TomIsIn31169138) February 22, 2023
What are your views on Oda ChatGPT chemistry? Is the future of Artificial Intelligence such that it will weave together beautiful stories as it develops? Only one way to find out. But for you, there’s two. Stick with Spieltimes as we keep on updating you on what’s going in the world.
Also Read: Netflix series: Emma Mackey will leave Sex Education – Here’s why
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications. Stay posted and never miss an update from video games, cinema, and sports. Follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming